Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my first used CLS. Its a 2006 CLS500.
The previous owner put a set of 20" wheels and lowered it.

The problem Im having is that I find it a bit too low.
How do I find out whether the previous owner used the "ECU" or the "links" method of lowering?
And how do I raise it to a height Im more comfortable with?

Also, if the car is aligned at the natural height, does it go out of alignment when its by pressing the raise button?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I just picked up my first used CLS. Its a 2006 CLS500.
The previous owner put a set of 20" wheels and lowered it.

The problem Im having is that I find it a bit too low.
How do I find out whether the previous owner used the "ECU" or the "links" method of lowering?

Also, if the car is aligned at the natural height, does it go out of alignment when its by pressing the raise button?

Thanks!!
Hi and welcome to Benz community.

Check out this thread:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w219-cls-class/1266969-adjustable-ride-height.html

Has useful information and also did you try the middle section next to your shifter there should be button to set sport 1, 2 or comfort when the lights are not lit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
davgrig04,
Thanks for your advise but it doesnt seem to answer any of my questions...

Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
davgrig04,
Thanks for your advise but it doesnt seem to answer any of my questions...

Thanks
Ok Here is what i found online to tell if the previous owner used the "links" method:

"On most vehicles there is a Ride Height Sensor on all four Control Arms. Some only have three, two in the front one for the rear. It pivots. One side is connected to the Frame and the other a Control Arm. To see what they look like on most vehicles is easy. Put the vehicle to the highest setting and look straight into the wheel well on top of the front tire. May need a flashlight. In the rear you have to look from underneath. They move with the suspension and tell the computer what height the vehicle should be sitting at."

I haven't done this myself personally, but this site has information on this:
Adjustable Air Ride

And this thread talks about different lowering mechanism. I hope it helps

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w219-cls-class/1265272-advice-lowering-my-cls-500-a.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DaviGrig04,
Thanks for that info!! It was exactly what Im looking for.
Hopefully Ill be able to find the linkage just by looking behind the wheels.
If not, Im assuming its got to be lowered with a computer chip.
Next will be to figure out how to raise it a bit.

Lastly, do you know if the alignment of the wheels changes when the ride height button is pushed?
Thanks!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Lastly, do you know if the alignment of the wheels changes when the ride height button is pushed?
Thanks![/QUOTE]

I don't believe so at least not for my car. I would just drive by the Mercedes Dealer and ask the Service Advisor if I was you to be sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts