Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys... new to the German Imports... Just wanted to say whats up and had a couple of questions for you guys out there.... 1. I notice many complaints about the electrical and squeaks in the CLK's. Can't you guys go to the dealer and yell at them for this and say... 'HECK I SPENT 55k and UP for my car. I expect this thing to be totally without problems. What the HELL. Make them get you a new one or something. What about the Motor. How reliable is this car? I never had a Mercedes in my lifeeeee. Totally have no clue what to expect. Im really worried here that its a BIG P.O.C. and I WASTED not SPENT 56k on it. How long do they last motor and tranny? Thanks you guys.. many props to you guys w/ bad ACE looking clk's ... drooling over here...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Reliability...

Squeaks were fixed by my dealer. No problems. MB engines are known for their durability so don't expect it to break down anytime soon. I've seen 150,000 mile MBs still going strong, besides the regular wear and tear items.<br> <br> BTW, Welcome !

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MBZs are engineered mission critical...

I am on my 5th MBZ and the ways amaze me how they are designed to be reliable when it comes to the critical stuff. My last 4 had over 100K miles when I parted with them. The only internal engine work I ever did was after I blew an engine racing one (and come to think of it, I cannot say things so 'positive' about others cars I have owned 4 of).<br> <br> An option I got on my CLK55 is the extended 100k warrantee. One has to wonder how they can sell top performance models with this so cheap. Ford wanted almost as much for a 100k warrantee on my wife's 4-cylinder pickup truck.<br> <br> Granted, though, the CLK has undue problems with its window and mirror automation gimics, and this should not have remained the case though all of the 1999-2002 model years. But the rest seems to be solid. Keep in mind, too, MBZ owners are a critical lot.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: *** NEW CLK OWNER...well....

yes, they are still finely engineered cars. Unfortunately, they are not engineered as they once were. Items that used to be designed to last 150k or more will now not make it 2/3rd's of the way. MB knows that people will not keep their cars as long as they once did, and the all models lifespan is much shorter than in the past. So don't worry, you won't have the car anywhere near as long as you suspect. MB knows they'll see you again before you get to any real critical areas, most likely before you are out of the warranty period. Still, sort of sad for those of us old enough to remember real MB quality and overengineering. Just the world we live in. The CLK is an excellent ride...enjoy.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: *** NEW CLK OWNER...well....

COOL... thanks alot you guys... what about insurance? Is it pretty expensive to have insurance? Do you have to have full coverage on a Lease? How much you guys pay for your insurance? I've been driving for 11 years and so far perfect... nothing wrong. So, im expecting some good rates... any good companies you guys with? Thanks alot for all the info you guys... Stay safe out there...

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes full cov. on a lease. Insurance.. age, points ,location.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My insurance on '01 CLK55 and '02 Ford Ranger runs $1,500 per year with CSAA in Santa Clara, CA (NM)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: MBZs are engineered mission critical...

Welcome to you new owners. I have a Beaurdeaux Red 430clk out of the box 8/26/98 with 62,000 miles on it. It has been wonderful, I do have the 100k warranty and am confident that I will keep the auto many many years after this has lapsed. I have replaced an o2 sensor, a binnicle outside temperature gauge, a moonroof motor and (my fault) right front tie rod. . .can you say big big Dallas City Titty? Wonderful machine and I will be chipping it soon to 300hp and won't trade it as I do not care for the new body style.<br> <br>

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am a new CLK owner. I find the premium sereo to be below par, doea anyone share my feelings.<br> <br> The speakers are poor for a car this high end.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts