Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[I also posted this earlier on MBWorld.com, but after looking at both W208 message boards, it looks like people have generally gotten better responses here - no offense intended to anybody, that's just my first impression]<br>
<br>
Hi folks,<br>
<br>
Friday I got my brand-spanking new, fully factory-loaded Laguna Green '02 CLK 430 Cab. After a year and two weeks of waiting, I'm really excited. (I can post pictures if there's interest, if the Laguna Green is as rare as the sales folks told me).<br>
<br>
Now, the sales guy didn't give me any advice about what speeds to drive for how long - but I remember that when I got my last car, a '99 CLK 320 Cab (4000 miles when I got it) the salesman gave me all kinds of advice about how to drive it for the first length of time. Unfortunately since that was a year ago, I don't remember the details.<br>
<br>
I just drove the car 600 miles today - that's how far I moved i the last year - and I kept it mostly at 70 mph (around 2300 rpm) except for a few times passing. Please tell me I didn't do anything awful to my new baby...<br>
<br>
On a possibly related note - my 99 CLK 320 Cab had awful mileage when I first got it, under 20 mpg highway, but improved over the following interval until it had about 10k miles under its belt. This '02 CLK 430 Cab is already getting a little over 25 mpg highway! Can I expect this to improve, or is there some difference between the two cars more dramatic than the 430 having a studlier engine?<br>
<br>
Thanks - and the drive gave me some fairly good insights into the COMMAND Nav system which I'll write up in a future post. I'd love to put together some coherent feedback to hand back to whomever implemented it... in short, I think it's very cool overall but has some fairly frustrating idiosyncrasies.<br>
<br>
-- Todd<br>
<p>dialup-63.208.205.2.Dial1.Tampa1.Level3.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I am going to be ordering my fully loaded CLK 430 in the next few weeks. You said it took a year to get? Why so long, thats insane. What made it take that long? Was it the color or something? Will I have to wait 1 year on mine? I am getting it fully loaded and it will be Brilliant Silver.<p>adsl-76-158-41.mia.bellsouth.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm sorry, I have no idea - they <b>did</b> tell me when I ordered it to expect it to take 9-12 months, so it appears that their estimates can be correct... how long did they tell you it would take?<br> <br> For what it's worth, the sales guy I was working with this time (my third in the last year! Sheesh) told me that the luxury car market has collapsed in the last year... so the MB pipeline might not be as full now as it was a year ago - Not so many people pouring their .Com money into CLKs and SLs, I'd guess :)<br> <br> -- Todd<br> <br> <br> <p>dialup-63.208.205.2.Dial1.Tampa1.Level3.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, the reason I leased the '99 CLK 320 Cab (it was silver, and I was damned lucky that someone traded it in with only 4000 miles) was that I knew it would be a year until the 430 came and I had to have <b>something</b> to tide me over... you might want to try something similar if it'll take you so long to get the car you want.<br> <br> Good luck - I hope you don't get stuck with an '03 Cab (unless you want one and/or they turn out to not suck, that is).<br> <br> -- Todd<br> <p>dialup-63.208.205.2.Dial1.Tampa1.Level3.net

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's wrong with 2003 CLK?

Todd, you say you hope he doesn't get a 2003 CLK.<br> Why is that? is anything wrong with 2003?<br> I have one on order, and by the time I get it<br> it will be a 2003 model<p>

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: What's wrong with 2003 CLK?

I believe that the 2003 CLK will be the first of the new body style, of which I personally don't like what I've seen. Just my opinion.<br> <br> Mind you, I still miss the more squarish MB headlights.<br> <br> <p>dialup-63.208.30.102.Dial1.Tampa1.Level3.net

1 - 8 of 8 Posts