Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I went in and asked about the waiting list for the new clk and the salesman told me there was none. If I wanted I could get mine 3 weeks to a month after they started production at the beginning of July. I asked why there was no waiting list and he told me he thought no one really knew about the change in body style. Once the new style took to the streets there would be a 'frenzy' of people trying to order just cause it was new. It took my 7 months to get my 320 2 years ago this July. Do you think this guy is correct in his assumption or is he just trying to hype it's popularity? Was the 98 clk hard to get even before production? I ordered mine two years after production started and it was hard to get. Would like to hear your opinions.

G

·
Discussion Starter #2
i live in southern cal...from what i heard from my dealer is that, there is already a long list of people waiting for the new clk...and he told me after the car hits the streets...the list will mutiply really fast...

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Frenzy? I don't think so...

Seriously, I really do not like the new styling. The somewhat aggressive look to this car is gone. I don't see where people are going to be rushing out to get their hands on one of these, although I've been wrong before. The current CLK is a design success as far as I'm concerned and I remember my reaction the first time I saw one. The upcoming model just doesn't get that 'oh, wow!' reaction from me.<br> <br> Peace!

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
I will not be on that list for the new Volvo looking benz!!!! I think Benz is loosing it's edge...

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
I live in South Florida. I have put my deposit for my CLK 500 and was told I will receive a call to outfit my car 2 months before delivery and will probably get around the end of the year. My salesman told me I am #15 on his list and that there are 14 salesman at the dealership. There will be the same wait or longer for the CLK's, just nobody knows about them yet. When people finally see them on the road they are going to wish they didn't wait to order.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts