Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Mercedes w205 C200 2016
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am in the market for a second Mercedes Benz.

I currently own a 2016 w205 c200. It's amazing and I love it so much. So much so that I don't want to mod, play with, improve or upgrade anything. It's unbelievably perfect and worth too much for me to mess around with (I'm an enthusiastic amateur car guy at best).

I am wanting to buy a second car for some fun drives, I'm interested in maintaining and learning about the car, I want something that I can upgrade and do a small "power project" on. Something with 4 seats and 2 doors. I basically want a project car that I can do some simple style and performs upgrades on, that won't break the bank. 6 cylinders is preferable as it's a good powerful base line. The 2000ish E Classes have my eye and are within budget.

Are there any specific models that anyone would suggest that make a good platform to start performance and style upgrades?

Thanks in advance! I've attached my c200 so you know what I'm talking about ;)

W163 and General M Gremlin
w210s amg are good option - 99-01. however, search carefully.

Registered
1922 Ford T no OBD, no ECU, no SCN
I already figured that my next new car has to be self driven.
Talking about your expectations -MB are not easy upgradeable. We had a member who years ago put Supra engine into W210, but he was owner of the shop, so could do it in timely manners, even it did not make economical sense.
But with MB you have choices. Why not buy AMG model to start ?
I recall few members buying 2000's AMG models in the range $2000-4000. Can't beat that.
Have fun shopping.

Premium Member
2016 CLS400 4Matic
Hi all,

I am in the market for a second Mercedes Benz.

I currently own a 2016 w205 c200. It's amazing and I love it so much. So much so that I don't want to mod, play with, improve or upgrade anything. It's unbelievably perfect and worth too much for me to mess around with (I'm an enthusiastic amateur car guy at best).

I am wanting to buy a second car for some fun drives, I'm interested in maintaining and learning about the car, I want something that I can upgrade and do a small "power project" on. Something with 4 seats and 2 doors. I basically want a project car that I can do some simple style and performs upgrades on, that won't break the bank. 6 cylinders is preferable as it's a good powerful base line. The 2000ish E Classes have my eye and are within budget.

Are there any specific models that anyone would suggest that make a good platform to start performance and style upgrades?

Thanks in advance! I've attached my c200 so you know what I'm talking about ;)

View attachment 2675931
How committed are you to 2-doors? Have you considered a CLS? I own a 2016 CLS400 4MATIC in Magnetite Black with Burlwood interior trim, and honestly it鈥檚 the best damn car I鈥檝e ever owned. Each of us has her/his own 鈥渟weet鈥 vehicle. For me, this is mine.

Registered
Mercedes w205 C200 2016
Discussion Starter #5
How committed are you to 2-doors? Have you considered a CLS? I own a 2016 CLS400 4MATIC in Magnetite Black with Burlwood interior trim, and honestly it鈥檚 the best damn car I鈥檝e ever owned. Each of us has her/his own 鈥渟weet鈥 vehicle. For me, this is mine.
Ahh good catch! I meant to say 4 doors!

Premium Member
2016 CLS400 4Matic
Mimi is cupe C series?
Truly the sweetest car I鈥檝e ever owned. I pinch myself every single time I get into this car. From her luxurious interior, to its smooth ride with all of the safety features鈥攚hat a joy to call my own. I am slightly less than impressed with the sound system (Harmon Kardon) in this car, one notch below the S-class. It鈥檚 a little to tinny for my personal tastes. But otherwise I couldn鈥檛 be happier with a car purchase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts