Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So had a heart wrenching moment last night. My new C-250 Sport (with AMG wheels) got a flat!!! The kicker, I only have 120 miles on it (I picked it up this weekend).

Happened as I was getting on highway from on ramp undergoing repaving project. There was huge uneven grade. The bump was so powerful, it deployed the active headrests. Immediate flat left front tire. MB tech said tire wall looked intact so probably small puncture.

My question is should I take it into MB for service or regular tire store. I'm worried about the rim and alignment being affected. I assume I have no options under the warranty, right? Service tech and I couldn't get the headrest reset so have to go anyway to MB for that.

Sincerely,

Bummed new MB fan.

·
Vendor
763 Posts
Ouch, sounds like quite the impact. Your MB dealer should be able to help you but you might want to call ahead and see what they will charge. I don't believe there is any road hazard coverage on your tires from MB.

You also might want to call a local Discount Tire/America's Tire location. They can inspect all 4 of your tires for you. With an impact that you describe you may have other damaged tires that you can't see (yet). Also, we do carry your OE tire and we usually have a much better price on them than the dealer. Your local store might also be able to sell you our road hazard warranties on your existing tires so that if this happens again you will be covered for 100% of a replacement.

Link to the stores in your area: Discount Tire/America's Tire Stores Search Results

1 - 2 of 2 Posts