Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have rattling cats. I am in CA. Cannot locate an aftermarket cat that is approved for my 1999 E55. This sucks.. I cannot pay $3000.00 for new ones from a dealer. Does anybody have a good solution? I just passed smog last month. The problem is the annoying rattle.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Get on the horn to the dealer NOW; MB extended the warranty on the AMG cats.

If push comes to shove you can order the cats from duval at a discount, a few hours in the driveway and you're done with the replacement.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I was hanging out with Joe55 and he showed me his letter. Regular 210 owners are left to twist in the wind, but the AMG folks get special treatment...as usual. :)

Have a question...call the dealer. Particularly for the OP time's a wastin', I think it's ten years, unlimited mileage.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Joe55 please chime in

I call the dealer and they look up my vin# and they say 7 70 is all there is. Does anybody have another memo.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get on the horn to the dealer NOW; MB extended the warranty on the AMG cats.

If push comes to shove you can order the cats from duval at a discount, a few hours in the driveway and you're done with the replacement.

Take care and enjoy the ride,
Greg
Who is duval??

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I call the dealer and they look up my vin# and they say 7 70 is all there is. Does anybody have another memo.
Then your dealer is a liar.

The minimum as required by federal law is eight years or 80,000 miles. MBUSA extended this to ten years/100K miles for the AMG variants. Call another dealer. Call MBUSA and report these bums, too. :)

Duval is the MB dealer back in Florida that sells parts for a discount. Even with shipping it was cheaper than any dealer in the bay area. www.duvalmotorcars.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then your dealer is a liar.

The minimum as required by federal law is eight years or 80,000 miles. MBUSA extended this to ten years/100K miles for the AMG variants. Call another dealer. Call MBUSA and report these bums, too. :)

Duval is the MB dealer back in Florida that sells parts for a discount. Even with shipping it was cheaper than any dealer in the bay area. Duval Motorcars Inc. in Gainesville, FL | Jeep, Mercedes-Benz, New, Used Cars - Home
I have a 1999 and it's about 86,000. I wish you had some documentation that I could refer them to. Thanks for the Duval info.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
I have a 1999 and it's about 86,000. I wish you had some documentation that I could refer them to. Thanks for the Duval info.
Do you know your in-service date? If it was before today in '99 then it's not going to matter unless you find a sympathetic dealer who will work with you through the process.

Call MBUSA, man. They will give you the straight dope.

1-800-367-6372

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,911 Posts
I need to scan the letter, hey greg can i use your scanner LOL. Ill post it next time.

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
31 Posts
Come on raff do it the Armenian way just cut them out haha. Have you looked into aftermarket high flow cats, thats what id do if mine went bad.
Good Luck,
Raffi

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Come on raff do it the Armenian way just cut them out haha. Have you looked into aftermarket high flow cats, thats what id do if mine went bad.
Good Luck,
Raffi
Do you have shop that will dot it? CA somg rules changed this year and we can't do the Hi-flow cats anymore. Or else I would do it for sure the Armenian way!:cool:

·
Registered
2002 E55 AMG
31 Posts
Ill give my guy a call because i haven't spoken to him for a year or so, but once i get more info ill pm you.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
So you called a dealer and you called duval.

Did you call MBUSA?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So you called a dealer and you called duval.

Did you call MBUSA?
Just Called Customer Service MBUSA like you said. They say for CA 7 year 70,000 is all there is. No such thing as a 10 year. Do you have any proof? or contact person?:crybaby2:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts