Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2005 MB C55 AMG with 47,000 miles on it for $22,500.

Its a beauty except for one thing......

When I turn the heat on it smells like gas. What are possible explanations and fixes for this? It does not smell like gas with the heat off or cold air on.

The car was in Florida for its first 3 years in the heat and now is in Connecticut with me withstanding 30-40 degree F temperatures.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Crankcase breather hose disconnected, connected improperly, cracked or split can cause an odor of engine oil + exhaust + gas. Check to see if its connected or damaged.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just bought a 2005 MB C55 AMG with 47,000 miles on it for $22,500.

Its a beauty except for one thing......

When I turn the heat on it smells like gas. What are possible explanations and fixes for this? It does not smell like gas with the heat off or cold air on.

The car was in Florida for its first 3 years in the heat and now is in Connecticut with me withstanding 30-40 degree F temperatures.
if the smell is outside too, smell next to REAR wheel wells and front wheels wells,, if it smells , could be the BRAKE fluid leaking, that smells like PETROLEUM as well, kinda like gas, had that happen on another car.
was simple brake fluid leak..

gas tanks rarely leak at 30k miles. neither do filler tubes, unless some idiot drove away with the nozzle still in and damaged it..

·
Registered
114 Posts
There is a gas purge valve in the front by the radiator that is part of the emissions systems. If it is not working properly or a hose is split, that would cause your gas smell.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts