Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
C180 2000.
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Please excuse my ignorance as this is my first Merc so dont know anything about them!

Any way, I swopped my 2005 Renault Clio 1.2 16V for a 2000 C180.
I love my Merc and the obvious huge difference in engine size is brilliant!!

Any way, I have done some searches but I am struggling to find out the answer. My car has the steering wheel control for a phone but it just says function not available so I want to install my Nokia CK7W bluetooth kit in to the car. This was easy in a Clio...but a Merc, big difference wouldnt even know where to begin! My question is, has any one done this before, if so do you fancy telling me how to do this lol. Pictures would be great also. OR alternativly, if there is any one local do you fancy earning your self £££ to come and help me haha!

Any help would be great! Thank you.

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
We don't know where you are, since you didn't fill out your profile or say. Most of this board is in the US.

As to installing the kit, if it hooks in like with the ISO connectors for the radio it should be pretty straightforward. In the US the connections to the radio are totally standard unless you have Bose, which will then make the audio optical.

There are instructions for removing the radio on InstallUniversity.com.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
A lot has changed in cell phone technology since 2000, you may have missed some of that so let me explain. Most phones have a feature called bluetooth, sort of a universal wireless protocol between your phone and lots of gadgets. One of these gadgets is called a Parrot CK3000, it allows you to connect any Bluetooth phone to your car radiom even includes the harness to do it. It uses it's own amp and mutes your radio, so you don't need to have the radio on and if you do, it's OK. Then you'll need a Parrot to C-class canbus adapter, this is what hooksup the Parrot to the steering wheel controls. Alltogether, it's under $250 in US dollars, prices in your country may vary.

I have details on this here, just search the forum. But why would you want to use a phone designed 9 years ago today? In the U.S., they may not even activate a phone that old. Then you would be stuck with that carrier.

·
Registered
C180 2000.
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh sorry people,
I am in Cheshire in England so a bit of a treck from the US.

The car kit is a kit which is manufactured by Nokia, its not a phone but allows a bluetooth phone to be connected to it.

It wont connect through the ISO connection as a simple click in place type thing. It requires a permenent feed, ignition feed and finally a wire to run to the mute of the radio. Its actually wiring and which wires which bit that I dont understand fully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts