Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
E 250CDI Coupé ... and loving it.
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

we've just bougth a new C220 CDI, equiped with the EU command system (with hard disc and bluetooth).

The questions are related to the phone connectivity (I've already search the forum, but I can't find the answer);
- we can pair the phone (Nokia 6230) without any problem, but the phonebook does not display. Is this normal? Is there a workaround?
- If this depends on the phone model ... is there somewhere a compatibility list?
- In the manual there is a lot to read about the comfort phone function (an option). Can anyone explain what that is?

Thanks,
Tim

·
Registered
2008 C230 6 speed, white, AMG Sport package
17 Posts
What you have to do is find the part in the manual that speaks to pushing contacts. It should be in the bluetooth section. If the phone does not have that option you are then out of luck.

I have an iPhone that pairs well but it does not the pushing function so I cannot upload my contacts.

Good luck

·
Registered
'02 325Cic, '03 325Ci, '08 C300
45 Posts
Compatibility list and other info

All,

we've just bougth a new C220 CDI, equiped with the EU command system (with hard disc and bluetooth).

The questions are related to the phone connectivity (I've already search the forum, but I can't find the answer);
- we can pair the phone (Nokia 6230) without any problem, but the phonebook does not display. Is this normal? Is there a workaround?
- If this depends on the phone model ... is there somewhere a compatibility list?
- In the manual there is a lot to read about the comfort phone function (an option). Can anyone explain what that is?

Thanks,
Tim
Click me

Regards,
Paolo

·
Registered
E 250CDI Coupé ... and loving it.
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys .... but again, the link is for the US-based systems (including compatibiltiy with the US phones)

Apart from the pushing .. is there anyone that managed to synchronise their phone? (any phone at all)

Regards,
Tim

·
Registered
W204 C220cdi Elegance
25 Posts
Tim, although I have the Audio 20 rather than COMAND in my C220cdi I do have a Nokia 6230...

You can only get automatic transfer of the phone book from the phone to the car if you have the telephone pre-wire option and the SAP Bluetooth cradle. Assuming you don't have that then you have to put the car's system into the mode to "Receive Contacts" (you'll have to look that up in your COMAND manual, or just play around in the phone options on your COMAND system until you find it). Once that's done you can transfer each of your address book contacts one by one as a Business Card.

The 6230 menu sequence is:
  1. Open your Contacts list
  2. Select the contact you wish to transfer to the car
  3. Select Details
  4. Select Options
  5. Select Send business card
  6. Select Via Bluetooth
  7. Select All details
  8. The phone will then search for active Bluetooth devices
  9. Select MB Bluetooth
  10. Make the transfer
All in all, a rewarding way to spend half an hour or so :eclipsee_steering:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys .... but again, the link is for the US-based systems (including compatibiltiy with the US phones)

Apart from the pushing .. is there anyone that managed to synchronise their phone? (any phone at all)

Regards,
Tim
Well, I don't have my S204 yet (1 week to go !) but I played around with my phone (Nokia E51) to find a way of batch transfering the all contact list. And It think I found it :

1. Goto to Contacts
2. Press Options and choose Mark/Umark then Mark All
3. Goto Options again and choose Send.
4. Hopefully it will work.

·
Registered
M-B W204 C Class Sport C220 CDI, 2009 model.
73 Posts
My advice would be to talk to the Comand.co.uk people. They were very helpful to me when I had similar queries.

·
Registered
W204
36 Posts
too bad without COMMAND, i can't transfer my phonebook list to the car myself. but it can be done if you bring it to your dealer. reading from all the comments here it seems like you could do the transfer yourself (without comfort phone) when you have COMMAND? either way, a short trip to the dealer is always nice :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts