Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 E550
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had new brake pads installed on my 2010 E550 by the dealer. Pads were still in good shape (40%) but I had a warped front rotor, so decided to replace front rotors and pads. Until then I had the factory originals. The new pads feel softer than the originals...the pedal has a spongier feel to it. Dealer re-bled the system and double-checked everything at my request. All seems good but the spongy feel remains. Has anyone else had this experience?

Sent from my Autoguide iPad app

·
Registered
2011 E350 sport
112 Posts
I do not know about Mercedes but on my old Chrysler the anti skid sensors had to be reset with a DBR scan tool any time the brakes were worked on. The pedal would be spongy if the sensors were not reset. The kicker was only one shop in the city had the right tool. The dealer did not have it.

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
How many miles have you put on the car since the brake swap? It can take a hundred miles or more (much more if your driving is mostly freeway, since you don't use the brakes much) for the brakes to bed in properly. Until that happens, they won't feel normal, rather vague and like you have to press harder for them to really start working.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts