Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving today and saw a Black G500 with blingbling wheels. The thing is, I've never seen these wheels on a G500.

The only difference is, the glass shaped pieces looked more like stretched ballons and they filled up the wheel's space so much more.

The driver saw me and was waving like crazy. I only noticed his wheel because he had no spare tire carrier, so the wheel was in plain sight.

This is the name of the wheel: 200S Custom Offset (Series 420), 2-piece polished alloy from American Racing.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
as much as those aren't really my style of rims, nor do i really like chrome rims, those in 16" polished with 33's or 35's on a black truck could look pretty slick. They probably don't have enough offset though.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dodge Ram Wheels

It was bothering me; I knew I had seen those wheels before, I just couldn't remember where. It turns out that they're actually Dodge Ram Truck Wheels (letter F). Who would have thought 20-inch polished aluminum wheels would fit?

The driver had what looked close to large tires on the G500. The wheels were nice looking I suppose, but I'm not into the whole blingbling thing either. [:D] [:)]

I wonder what other Ram wheels will fit...

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I never spoke to the owner, but the wheels he had seem to have fit perfectly fine.

·
Registered
00 g500
2,289 Posts
i've never seen any american wheel manufacturer use the 5x130 bolt pattern, there are some that are close, so he may have had the bolt holes opened to accomodate b's bolt pattern... and likely had to do something to deal with the different hole bore also.

·
Registered
1979 G460
70 Posts
Okay something is wrong here. Just for the hell of it I tried my spare rim from the G on my 2004 Dodge Ram and there was no way I was getting that on (not even with a really big hammer).[?]

I know that they do not change bolt patterns from the standard 17" rims when they go to the 20" rim package- I be confused.

·
Registered
2004 G500 (gone)
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Either they were custom wheels or he had some kind of adapter. I should have snapped a pic with my camera phone.

Well there's always next time I suppose.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts