Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
'00 ML320 Elegance
8,965 Posts
Looks good...

Here's the latest from ASP and it uses the factory damper. Very clean look and the holes save 2 lbs. I'll be putting it in this weekend.
Do you think that this pulley, since it's based on the factory design, will avoid the issues that some have had?

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They charge either $250 + a factory pulley or $650 for a total setup. Also requires a 6 ri...

They charge either $250 + a factory pulley or $650 for a total setup. Also requires a 6 rib 56" belt, available at Pep Boys for under $20. It's not that hard to install, just one bolt, takes about an hour for 6-spd, maybe another 1/2 hour for an automatic (let me know if you have an automatic and I can share the trick to locking the crankshaft in place with you). If you are in So Cal, Linh on this forum installs it for $50 manual and $75 automatic, worth it if you are nearby.

As far as the previous solid alloy pulley problems, they are gone, everyone was recalled and this new pulley with a damper takes it's place. It's similar in design to what most tuners do like Carlsson, Renntech, Vaeth...

I created instructions at www.c-coupe.info and many have done it. The only problem very few have had was that the woodruff key was cracked when they removed the factory pulley. One person even accidently pushed the broken half of the key into his engine and that requires that the engine be pulled out of the car, not a cheap repair. If you encounter this, stop and take it to the dealer, they have special tools to fix it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts