Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had been seeking a nice late model 300TDT (turbodiesel) wagon to consolidate the fleet into two cars ultimately, but this Euro came up, and it just sold me right there...this from Mercedes Motoring in Southern CA on ebay. I felt I got a very good deal on the car, considering the records, history, condition, and overall presence.

I know I won't have a turbo, but the car is stated to have a lot of pep for a NA (normally aspirated), and with California history from day one, no rust, and a nice Lapis paint job, I figured I'd try a NA diesel now...

189K miles, A/C, cruise, manual sunroof, power windows. Just right...

Now to pick it up in the coming days...

·
Premium Member
16,161 Posts
Wow congrats! An '85 Euro with some of the older trim pieces (carpets, etc) inside is unique. We're used to the face-lifted models but seeing an '85 with the older style design is just odd (not in a bad way) :)

All you need is a good set of Euro lights!

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Looks like staggered Ronals there...

Interesting car! Love the Lapis Blue combination.

What other virtues do Euro 300's have over the USA counterparts in the mechanical sense, aside from the bumpers?

I admit, I wonder if a euro 300 is more desirable over the US spec 300 turbodiesel.... are they?

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Thats the best looking dash cap i have ever seen.

Euro 300ds are faster off the line that US spec 300ds, but they do not do as well up hills :c

Great timing as i just got a 1983 euro 300TD turbo. It also has the same interior, but with champagne metallic paint as it is ruff.

Brett we need the vin so we can find out what cool options it has besides the auto climate control and cruise control/power windows.

·
W201, W212, W221, & W222 Moderator
8,422 Posts
That is one gorgeous car! Congrats!! Love the color and the rims!

·
Registered
965 Posts
Euro 300ds are faster off the line that US spec 300ds, but they do not do as well up hills :c
Hey DK! My Cali 1980 300D outruns your sluggish Euro 1985 300D anytime!! :p

Its all pimped out by a super mechanic!!

------------

OP, congrats on that wagon, looks awesome! I hate you!!:crybaby2:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
VIN is WDB1231901F0 (two eight eight seven one)

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
286 luggage nets on front seat backrests
411 MANUAL SUNROOF
420 AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION 4-GEAR
438 REAR SEAT BELT DELETE
440 TEMPOMAT (CRUISE CONTROL)
466 CENTRAL LOCKING
545 DOUBLE ROLLER BLIND
570 FOLDING ARMREST, FRONT
588 POWER WINDOWS FOUR & CLIMATE CONTROL
932 BOX ON LEFT FRONT SEAT

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Did they produce turbodiesels for the Euro market back in 1985? I know they produced turbodiesels only for the wagon in Europe (not the saloon)...

I wonder if this wagon would be best suited with a TD swap down the road? Will have to visit the OP and have a check and drive this to see...

Don't know the virtues of the naturally aspirated vs. TD 300's...

·
Registered
8,006 Posts
Cop: "You have a 5 year old in the passenger seat buckled up. But your wife is out back with no seat belts!"

Driver: "But, the car came that way...no sense in fixing that" :D

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Did they produce turbodiesels for the Euro market back in 1985? I know they produced turbodiesels only for the wagon in Europe (not the saloon)...

I wonder if this wagon would be best suited with a TD swap down the road? Will have to visit the OP and have a check and drive this to see...

Don't know the virtues of the naturally aspirated vs. TD 300's...
Yes, my 85 diesel wagon thats in the paint booth right now is a turbo.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Beautiful TD, love the color, very nice wagon. The only change I would make, which I did to mine is, get rid of those wheels and go back to the painted to match wheel covers, then she'd look like a Euro.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts