Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Glad I have mine. I found the B 200 Turbo to be overwhelmed by the extra torque and I can't imagine that adding still more would make the car any more fun or easy to drive.

I like the Mercedes sandwich concept too. Since the next A and B will be Fiats or BMWs, I suppose I would find the brand dilution to be unacceptable.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think adding HP over what the turbo model already has is lunacy. How about some other options like a turbo diesel or hybrid or fuel cell (Mercedes is testing an A class F-Cell in Sacramento, CA)?

imho...this is just going to get...well......stupid comes to mind

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Fuel Cell option was mentioned in a thread some time ago the rumoured date was supposed to be 2010. Apparently the B was going to be the Mercedes trial production car for it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel Cell option was mentioned in a thread some time ago the rumoured date was supposed to be 2010. Apparently the B was going to be the Mercedes trial production car for it.
I read that too. There were 60 A class F-Cell cars made and the Sacramento, Calif Metro Fire Dept got one in March '07 and is using it right now. Any one can go see it if so inclined.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
That Autoblog article states that they find the B class boring and overpriced as a lead-off to the story.
I don't find it boring or overpriced but I feel a lot of drivers find it problematic and that certainly will scare buyers away.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Good for VW! That is smart cdi fuel economy, in a large car. Hope the electrics aren't garbage though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts