Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 2001 E55 last week. Silver/Charcol, Command, Ventilated Seats, and the Cellphone package. Had purchased a CLK430 but it was just too small (anyone looking for 2001 CLK430?). When the option to get the E55 came up (600 miles and UNDER MSRP) I couldn't resist. All I can say is wow! Glad to have found this board and looking forward to all the great info.<p>Eric

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welcome to to club Eric.

: Just picked up a 2001 E55 last week. Silver/Charcol, Command, Ventilated Seats, and the Cellphone package. Had purchased a CLK430 but it was just too small (anyone looking for 2001 CLK430?). When the option to get the E55 came up (600 miles and UNDER MSRP) I couldn't resist. All I can say is wow! Glad to have found this board and looking forward to all the great info.<p>Eric<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cost and Seats

Can you give us some details on what you paid and where you got it? Under MSRP is great for this automobile.<p>Also, what is your first impressions of the ventilated seats? Do they seem to make a difference?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Cost and Seats

I paid $74K for the car. Sticker was $76,320. The car was used with 600 miles on it and it was from Texas - I am in the bay area. I had it shipped here at a very reasonable cost - $750 door to door in a closed container. The ventilated seats work well all though since we are still in winter here it is hard to tell. Overall, I am thrilled with the car.<p>Eric

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Cost and Seats

Welcome to the club!<br>Great price on the car. I paid MSRP off the dealer showroom floor, plus luxury tax. You did well my friend.<p>I too have the ventilated seats. Since I'm always all bundled up for the winter in Detroit, I haven't been able to tell how the fans feel. <p>Will find out this summer.<p>By the way, it's snowing pretty good here. First time out with the E55 in the snow. This is where 'wild beast' would be appropriate.<p>245/40ZR18 front, 275/35ZR18 rear make for great performance tires but they sure SUCK on snow!<p>I just had an interesting ride home from work, even in 'winter' mode. Not a fun car in the slippery stuff!<p>I'll be driving my 4x4 pickup to work tomorrow. (okay, I'm a hillbilly with a benz. Get over it!)<br>: )<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Congrats Eric T!!! ...

------<p>I'm sure your gonna love your E55 as much as we all love ours. <p>However <p>we have an unspoken rule around here: before you can be considered officially 'part of the club' ... you must submit pics of your Beast ASAP!!! :D<p>Look forward to reading your insights and experiences ... you now own one of the finest production sedans in the world: Congrats again!<p>Drew.<br>'01 E55<br>Brilliant Silver/Charcoal<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric T,<p>Congrats and welcome to the prestigious AMG club! You sure got a great deal as well, paying under MSRP. Just wait till you break her in... Thats when the fun really begins. Watch the expressions on the faces of Mustang/Camaro and Porsche Carrera drivers' faces as you smoke them at every light as well as on the highway. So... Where are the pics?? hehe... Looking forward to your impressions on the AMG. <p>Happy Motoring!<p>And for those who are caught in the horrible snow storm in New England, drive safely!<p>Regards,<br>Ryan

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you guys really want to see pics of the same 'ol brilliant silver and charcoal interior? I love my car, but it looks exactly like the others out there! I'll be happy to post.<p>Eric

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ryan:<p>I think Eric's car is formerly owned by Peter Dysert (correct me if I am wrong Eric). I believe Peter already posted the car pictures in earlier posting.<p>Pram<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YES!!! We all had to go out and take pictures to post ... so, damn it ... you will too! :)

------<p>I have the Brilliant Silver/Charcoal set-up also, and have seen quite a few others posted as well ... but we take a lot of pride in our machines, and love to see others do the same with theirs.<p>So, Post 'em if you got 'em ... <p>Drew.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Post Post Post!

I also have a silver/charcoal. And I have a crappy camera. But I still posted! <p>(Maybe I shouldn't have?) <br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You Win!

You're the first person I've heard that got the "Beast" (DrewwwwwW!) for under MSRP!<p>Congratulations on joining the family.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Same here ... your the first I know of too! (600 miles on the clock is still 'new' in my book!)

: You're the first person I've heard that got the "Beast" (DrewwwwwW!) for under MSRP!<p>Congratulations on joining the family.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: Winter and the E55

By the way, it's snowing pretty good here. First time out with the E55 in the snow. This is where 'wild beast' would be appropriate.<p>245/40ZR18 front, 275/35ZR18 rear make for great performance tires but they sure SUCK on snow!<p>I just had an interesting ride home from work, even in 'winter' mode. Not a fun car in the slippery stuff!<p>I'll be driving my 4x4 pickup to work tomorrow. (okay, I'm a hillbilly with a benz. Get over it!)<br>: )<br><p>Aaron, I picked my new E55 last October ('01 Silver/Black) and had Perelli Snow Sports mounted on AMG rims put on in November. They look and perform great, especially when set to Winter mode and with the ESP turned on. I am impressed at how well behaved this "Beast" is in the snow. However, I can hardly wait for the nicer weather so I can light up those big fat 275's :)<p>Peter<p>

1 - 15 of 15 Posts