Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
03 CLK 55
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Silver 55 (02) will be delivered in a week or so, and I had a couple questions for those more familiar with SLKs..

- Primary differences between MY 01 and 02- are there any or are the cars identical?

- I've driven an 01 AMG at the local M-B dealer, but haven't actually even laid eyes on the one I bought. I'm told it has the two-tone seats - anyone have a picture they could share?

- Any problem areas I should immediately check? The car has about 2k miles on it and *should* be pretty new, but you never know..

- Anyone aware of track events or gatherings in the San Diego area?

Thanks!

tb

·
Registered
HWA 208
32 Posts
Hey there bakert. AFAIK there aren't any differences between 01 and 02 CLK55s aside fro...

Hey there bakert. AFAIK there aren't any differences between 01 and 02 CLK55s aside from the availability of the cab.

I have yet to identify any real problem areas with my '02 CLK55, but I have two friends with '01s whose moon roofs slightly open under hard acceleration.

As for track events...I'm planning on going to one at Willow Springs in late September http://www.eurotunerfest.com

And here's a pic of my two tone interior:

and this one might be a little easier to see

and one more just so anyone on dial up can really hate me

I'm assuming that since you picked up a silver one that you have the ash/charcoal combo? I LOVE the baseball stitch... Also, I've heard of some problems with the ash two-tone coming off, but I don't think it's something that attentive and regular cleaning can't take care of.

So, now the question is...what mods are you planning on?

·
Registered
03 CLK 55
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great pics.. thanks Larry.
Your blue leather almost seems to have a metallic sheen to i...

Great pics.. thanks Larry.
Your blue leather almost seems to have a metallic sheen to it- I'm probably seeing the flash reflection, but it looks very sharp regardless. Interesting detail w/the extra stripe of colored leather on the wheel.

I've got to do quite a bit more research before I start taking a hole saw to my air box, though ;)

BTW, this is my first M-B.. I just got rid of my old 928 after a decade of faithful service, and this was the only car I found that was fast AND comfortable in a similar way.

Cheers-

tb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts