Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a 4Matic badge on a brand new ml350 yesterday, I also noticed the GL has the same badge. i have an ML that I bought in October and I think it was built in June, it doesn't have the badge. Anyone seen this? I think it is funny that it has the badge because the AWD system isn't an option on either vehicle.

Has anyone noticed this and when did it start?

M

·
Registered
2006 ML 350
5 Posts
The dealer in San Antonio began receiving MLs with the "4MATIC" badge in March. It was a quiet, inline introduction; they had not given the salespersons a heads up.

·
Registered
(deceased) '99 ML320, '07 ML320 CDI, (deceased) '06 Mini Cooper S, '15 Toyota Prius C (wifemobile).
78 Posts
I also noticed this, at the Annapolis, MD Mercedes dealer. They had a red 2006 ML350 with the "4MATIC" badge on the right side of the tailgate opposite the ML350. Only that one and the rest of the cars on the lot were missing it. This was in late April. I asked the dealer about it and she said all the new cars coming off the line will have it.

I wonder if it can be removed? I hate dealer and manuafacturer badging, pinstriping, etc. (Other than the tri-star and the ML350 on the back left, of course.) -Gary

·
Registered
11,243 Posts
Wow, that's getting pretty weird. It's kind of a given that the ML has AWD/4WD whichever it really is.

I may be mistaken, but taking it off is as simple as dental floss, unless it's pinned on or something.

·
Registered
ML350
9 Posts
Once I saw an MLK badging on a 06 ML. I was confused...

·
Registered
2015 ML250 BTC
1,314 Posts
I noticed it for the first time on GLs and thought it might have something to do with the fact that it was not intended to have a transfer case, like the AWD sedans.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts