Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 SLK, CaspianBlue
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my Caspian Blue 350 on Wednesday (Mar 23rd, ordered mid-October) from Smythe. Initial thoughts:

1) smooth, tight... much better than my 1999
2) MP3 DVD is pretty cool, relatively easy to set up, navigation of folders could be a bit better (should let me pick the next song but keep playing current one until decided).
3) roof mech is different, faster is better.
4) Nav system: nice picture, but... UI without touchscreen is hard to deal with. Soft buttons are an improvement. Voice commands seem clipped, a bit too urgent and unpredictable. My wife has an '05 Prius and that Nav system is _very_ good.

I didn't order the telephone, but the tele-aid system setup showed me that the speakerphone seems to work pretty well. Given that I _really_ want a bluetooth interface to at least the mic/speakers. Even better would be a bluetooth interface to the phonebook/dialing. I've read here that MB doesn't do updates to COMAND in the field, so this seems unlikely to happen (?).

Given that, does anyone have any experience with aftermarket bluetooth speakerphones? I've seen a couple but don't know anything about how well they work.

·
Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG - Blk
42 Posts
Can you post some pics of your car? I'm trying to get as many views (and lighting) of colors to make a choice.
Thanks! --- and best of luck with your new ride!!

·
Registered
350 SLK, CaspianBlue
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RE: more questions/comments

Is it me or is there really no indication of the volume level anywhere?

The seats in the 2005 are much more comfortable than the 1999!

·
Registered
SLK 350 7G
31 Posts
Hi penguin,

just read your plight and it sounded familiar. If you check my profile and refer to the article
"retro fitting of phone" it may give you some useful pointers to the bluetooth solution.

let me know how you get on...[:)]

Regards form sunny England [:(]

·
Registered
Caspian Blue SLK350
61 Posts
Congrats on your new car. I love the color myself. I wish the days in Delaware were as sunny as CA. Since I got the car 2 weeks ago, there has been one sunny day to show off the color change.

I would recommend rain ex for those of us that have rain. The car rides low, and you get hit with water from everyone in front of you.

I got the integrated phone setup and a v600 Mercedes phone on ebay. It is on the expensive side but the integration is seamless. All ohone features work except for voice dial. Not the worse thing in the world as when the roof would be open it would be usless anyway. The sound in/out is great.

I'm not sure where they are going with the bluetooth. Computer interface for handhelds?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts