Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought you might like to see the before (OEM 6 blade) and after (3 blade) grille pics.

A previous thread noted the grille stuck out further than the original hence I've attached a couple of pics to show this. Either way, I much prefer the look / colour of the new one. I was originally intending to get a dark one but someone in this forum suggested a silver one (thanks whoever it was)

I got the new grill from Chris at www.mercedesshopen.com (Sweden)

Will put the new curved mirrors on next weekend.

Cheers

Alan

Attachments

·
Greek God of the R129
8,364 Posts
Thought you might like to see the before (OEM 6 blade) and after (3 blade) grille pics.

A previous thread noted the grille stuck out further than the original hence I've attached a couple of pics to show this. Either way, I much prefer the look / colour of the new one. I was originally intending to get a dark one but someone in this forum suggested a silver one (thanks whoever it was)

I got the new grill from Chris at MBSCA Shopen (Sweden)

Will put the new curved mirrors on next weekend.

Cheers

Alan
I went for the same grille too. ;)
Regards.
aam.

·
Administrator
8,709 Posts
Me too.

The only thing I am considering is changing the brighter,lighter silver of the grill to the Mother of Pearl metallic silver of the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Me too.

The only thing I am considering is changing the brighter,lighter silver of the grill to the Mother of Pearl metallic silver of the car.
I was contemplating trying the mother of pearl versus silver with a spot of Photoshop but never got around to it. Think silver suits mine better

Cheers

Alan

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very smart that grill looks fantastic, Isaac do post a picture when you get yours fitted as our cars are the same colour and i would like to see how it looks

Baggers

·
Greek God of the R129
8,364 Posts
Me too.

Hi, RL.
Have the same color and grill.
One of my sons say paint it, the other says live it.
The debate goes on.
Regards.
aam.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's OK, but it sticks out kind of far - gives the car a buck-toothed look.
Sticking out: agreed and that initially put me off after I read it on another post. But to be honest I think I would not have noticed if if I had not read that post first *curses*

Overall, I feel the fresher look is worth a little buck (oer missus)

Cheers

Alan

·
Administrator
8,709 Posts
In the original "Sports Grille" topic it was mentioned that the three slat grille protruded past the opening.

Personally I think it is aesthetically pleasing because it breaks up the solid sloping line of the bonnet/hood.

If the slightly protruding grille is not what you wanted it's a fairly easy modification to make it fit flush to the opening. I did consider it at the time of fitting but I decided I preferred the slightly protruding look.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
It looks good.

You know what I forgot to suggest earlier. Why don't you get some plexi glass cleaner and see if you can revive the headlights that way.

I used it on my convertible top's rear window and it took all the yellow right out. I think it might be worth a shot, before you spend any more money.

And enjoy your ride Isaac. It will always be a work in progress, so don't obsess over it... just enjoy it!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Your car is coming along nicely Isaac, the grill looks really good, I didnt have bag full of money for my R129 when I bought it last May, so i knew I would have loads of work to do too, and I still have along way to go, but one day............

Baggers

·
Registered
178 Posts
anyone else here like the old grill? i personally like that one, but then again......... its amazing how most people like newer things just because they're newer. :)

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I think that Isaac's car looks good with the Black 3 bar grill, I,however, don't care for the Silver 3 bar in anything but a Silver car. Also don't care for the way it sticks out,Mercedes spent MILLIONS making it "SLICK" on the front-end and thats the way I prefer it!!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
anyone else here like the old grill? i personally like that one, but then again......... its amazing how most people like newer things just because they're newer. :)
Im on record here when these were first discussed as liking the original look better........agree with drags1998 i much prefer the flush look........

1 - 20 of 21 Posts