Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GLE 350
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased new in August 2019 have a couple of questions.

There are the profiles and while I have found where to create and edit a profile there seems to be no way to delete one.

Also yesterday I got a Service A due notice, the car only has 6900 miles on it, I was under the impression that Service A was due at 10,000 miles or a year. I contacted the dealer and have not heard back as of yet.

Thanks

·
Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
36,201 Posts
Not too many new car owners come here, so good luck finding fellow new car owner with experience.
What I would suspect your car being manufactured in December of 2018 and that was when the count started.
What I noticed on newer FSS systems, they calculate lot of factors, with more different fluid and filters sensors, or they have the mind of their own. On older MB I could count on making 13,000 miles between oil change, now not only time is a factor, but other factors as well. My 2014 went from "3000 miles till service" to "service due in 2 days" over the 3 days spend in garage.
I don't panic, knowing that the oil doesn't have many miles on it and I routinely ignore 1 year requirement (what was imposed in US by lawyers and have nothing to do with German engineering)

·
Registered
2020 GLE 350
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not too many new car owners come here, so good luck finding fellow new car owner with experience.
What I would suspect your car being manufactured in December of 2018 and that was when the count started.
What I noticed on newer FSS systems, they calculate lot of factors, with more different fluid and filters sensors, or they have the mind of their own. On older MB I could count on making 13,000 miles between oil change, now not only time is a factor, but other factors as well. My 2014 went from "3000 miles till service" to "service due in 2 days" over the 3 days spend in garage.
I don't panic, knowing that the oil doesn't have many miles on it and I routinely ignore 1 year requirement (what was imposed in US by lawyers and have nothing to do with German engineering)
Thanks

Do you know of any forums that has more new car owners ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts