Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

new 2019 560 s class. Pulse vibration on left side if car.

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Noodles 
#1 ·
This is my 17th Mercedes to date. Just traded in my 2016 s class for the 560. It has 78 miles to date.
When I was driving the car and was at a stop I could feel in the drivers seat a light annoying pulse vibration. It was about 60 beats a minute.
I brought the car back to my dealer and told them the problem, they thought problem was an over torqued drive and re torqued to specs.
They gave the car back to me and drove it home. First red light i came upon the pulse was still there. I called them back right away to tell them it's still not acceptable.
The funny part was they told me they did a test drive and found everything fine before I drove it home once again. WHAT? I told them the vibration pulse was at idle.
It will go back to the dealer on Monday. The funny part is, the pulse is more on the driver side of the car. With all four doors open at idle, holding the top of the doors the pulse is very noticeable. The right side doors have very little pulse. To emphasize my point to the dealer after the first return I had them start another 2019 s 560, it was smooth as silk at idle.
So my question is: Does anyone know what this could be with the information above? It's not the engine, it's very smooth. Could it be electrical, since it is a perfect pulse of 60 pulses per minute.
Funny it feels like my car has a heart. The dealer knows I will expect another s 560 in replacement if this can not be corrected.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the response 4D. They are replacing that car with a duplicate of the one I refused due to the vibration.I told them not to ship the other car to my local Mercedes dealer until they check to see if that also had the vibration. Initially they tried to tell me it was common with the new S560 engine. I told them as far as I'm concerned it was not the case at all. You got to be kidding me I told them, if that's the case then give me my 2016 S 550 trade back. The general manager got involved at that point and a new replacement vehicle will be here this week.

Regarding your answer: The first go around at my dealer was that the suspension system was over torqued and they redid it to the proper specification. The vibration was a little less, but the beating heart in the seat and more so when the drivers door was open was still there. If I was wearing an APPLE watch it would have told me to seek medical help, HA HA.
I told them from the beginning that a pulse like this had to be an electric or computer system sending data somewhere where it can be felt.
I think you hit the nail on the head and will pass this on.
By the way,there were 3 top MB technicians involved trying to locate and stop this annoying vibration. One top tech. was from another dealer and was a MB rep..

#4 ·
Bingo...suspension system re-torquing resulting in less vibration makes it blatantly clear the problem is "suspension related." You're lucky they opted to give you a different vehicle. I've heard other stories where the individual was ultimately left with a problematic vehicle and no solution. And...even if they assert a problem is "common" for a given model...it's still a problem and should be mitigated fully.

#7 ·
Hello 4D. Received the replacement S 560 yesterday. It's was smooth as silk, the way it should be. I made a point to tell the people at Mercedes, that thought it was no problem with the first car, that this is how it should be. I also pointed out the schematic of the ABC system that is on line, that the maintenance techs. should be aware of. I also made it a point early on before your reply that I knew someone who said the vibration is not normal. Then, you came along after my children kept asking me, "did anyone respond yet dad". And you did, thank you so much for seeing my post and responding.

#8 ·
Hello 4D. Received the replacement S 560 yesterday. It's was smooth as silk, the way it should be. I made a point to tell the people at Mercedes, that thought it was no problem with the first car, that this is how it should be. I also pointed out the schematic of the ABC system that is on line, that the maintenance techs. should be aware of. I also made it a point early on before your reply that I knew someone who said the vibration is not normal. Then, you came along after my children kept asking me, "did anyone respond yet dad". And you did, thank you so much for seeing my post and responding.
Oh yes, regarding someone stuck with this car. I made it clear to the dealer yesterday that this vehicle should be returned to Mercedes before they get stuck trying to repair it. They spent more than 50 man hours trying to correct the vibration already.
I know the other dealer down the road who has failed to correct a problem with a new S 560 and has given up and is sending that vehicle back. I didn't know what the problem was with that vehicle but I tried to get an answer. As usual everyone is closed mouth.

#6 ·
Here is a crazy but true story that happened at a dealer I used to work for.
Mercedes ended up owing over $400,000 for a dispute that could have been settled for about $6500.

#9 ·
Here is a crazy but true story that happened at a dealer I used to work for.
Mercedes ended up owing over $400,000 for a dispute that could have been settled for about $6500.
Thanks noodles for that information. Typical of many manufacturers trying to get out of doing what is right for the customer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.