Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The brand new SLK was revealed when a French company leaked their promo video onto the internet. I think it's the best looking SLK to date, what do you think?

YouTube - new slk 2012 Mercedes Benz SLK revealed in French promo film

It's cool to see the new innovations such as the Magic Sky roof in action. The draft stop "Airguide" pictured at the 7:20 mark seems flimsy and a bit odd that you have to manually reach up and behind you in an awkward way, but maybe it works better in the real world. I think a power partition would still be ideal here.

·
Registered
99 E430, 01 E430 Sport, 00 SL500
3,266 Posts
Looks like they put the C-class front on the new SLK.
Yucky. SLK not SLicK no more.

·
Registered
2000 Designo SLK-05 C230WK-05 E320CDi-2010 GLK 350
714 Posts
Looks like they put the C-class front on the new SLK.
Yucky. SLK not SLicK no more.
The Schnoz on the R171 is what kept me from upgrading from my 04 R170 to the improved newer R171. As much as I wanted all the newer features i just could not force myself to accept the "New Look" of the SLK any more than I accepted the Horse Collar grill treatments on VAG products before Walter De Silva started upgrading the VAG lineup.

The new design of the next generation SLK just might get me to replace the first generation R170 I have. As for the new one looking like a "C" class, it really isn't a problem to me since the SLK's have always been based on the "C" class chassis anyway.

·
Registered
1962 W111 220SE Coupe
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Schnoz on the R171 is what kept me from upgrading from my 04 R170 to the improved newer R171.
I agree with you here, the "nose" on the R171 was the sole factor in keeping me out of one of those cars. I loved everything else about them and even looked into a variety of alternate aftermarket fascias but they all seemed either too gimmicky or still kept the pointy snout.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts