Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to have 2 123's, but I sold both of them Friday and yesterday, and bought a 126. Heres a few pics. It was only $2,275, and Im planning on picking it up either today or tomorrow. Im not expecting to just buy it and not spend any money. I gotta paint the wheels probably. From the pictures it looks like the clear is comming off. Fix it up a bit. Hopefully its a good car and wont give me any major problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Welcome![:)]

If she was properly maintained there should be no problem. I’ve seen a good wash and some clay do wonders for tired finishes.

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant wait to get it. I still havent got the guys phone number. Why doesnt he E-Mail me?

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Snibble - 5/15/2005 8:06 PM

You bought without paying?
I’ve usually had a phone number, a few emails exchanged, and at least one live phone call before sending the check; perhaps I’m not the trusting type…

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I gave him a deposit. I got his phone number, and Im picking it up Tuesday night. [:D]

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Brooklyn huh? Wow havent been there in about a year or so for vacation. Used to live in Bensonhurst and Bay Ridge. That's a NICE looken SE. From what I see a good wash an wax should fix it right up. Congrats!!!

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im near Coney Island. Thats where my dads business is. I live in Breezy Point though. I just use Brooklyn cause its a fimilar name. Breezy Point is near Rockaway, near Belle Harbor, if know that area.

The car looks pretty good. Im gonna put clear taillights, and clear corners once I get it.

·
Registered
1984 280SEL AMG
701 Posts
Vugely, may have gone there for a tow or 2. Companys I've worked for Delta Towing, Island Towing, Approved Towing, Jamaca Towing, Midtown( Brooklyn ), Midtown( Manhatten ) Ridge Towing( pre Parkway ) Most were with the scofflaw program... So 've been all over NYC. In a way I miss NYC, Tho if all else fails here, I can goto work at M&D in Brooklyn on Stillwell Ave... Then you'll see my car sitting around W 11th street in Bensonhurst

Attachments

·
Registered
380SEC EURO
1,430 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase. [:)]

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TheRazz, my dads shop is on Coney Island Avenue and Ave V. Its a Mobil station. He just became AAA station and somewhat partners with Citywide Towing. So if your in the area and you get stuck, come over to us and well help you out. [:D]

cnd, thanks! Im really looking fowaring to getting it.

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tomorrow at 4 Im getting it. The guys kid was sick. This LeSabre Ive been driving around is garbage. It bounces all over the road. Terrible. I miss the Benz. I usually have crap on my dash. Today I took a turn In the Buick I take all the time with my Benz with all the stuff on the dash, and it went flying everywhere. Only thing I like about it is that this 3800 has balls. After driving the Diesel, its like a totally different thing. Im going 70 and I dont realize it. My digital camera is broken, which sucks because I cant take any pictures. Im gonna see if I can fix it.

·
Registered
1991 300 SE
18,534 Posts
Well your M103 will have balls as well so you’ll still need to be careful. And you’ll have a proper inline six, not that V nonsense. I’m reminded of the Saturn I drove last Christmas (against my will), what a cheap, flimsy little car. Once you’ve had a Benz…

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I should be getting it today, but it looks like Im not. Called the guy, he doesnt have the title. Its not his car. Its some ladys, hes just selling it for her. Shes supposed to bring the title to him today, but he hasent got it yet. Im starting to get really pissed. I dont even want this car anymore. Ill buy a different one. Just give me my deposit back.

·
Mercedes
9,038 Posts
1985 300CD - 5/18/2005 4:29 PM

I should be getting it today, but it looks like Im not. Called the guy, he doesnt have the title. Its not his car. Its some ladys, hes just selling it for her. Shes supposed to bring the title to him today, but he hasent got it yet. Im starting to get really pissed. I dont even want this car anymore. Ill buy a different one. Just give me my deposit back.
Sorry if I sound like an ass now.. but you didn't find this out before hand? Also..in most cases deposits are non-refundable, mainly because its a sign that you're commited to purchase. Good luck with the outcome.. but it couldbe bad.

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Alright. I finally got it. Tomorrow at 3 Im getting it. Hes getting the title in the morning. Remind me never to buy a car off eBay again. [:p]

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
[:D] Dident get it today again! Guy still dident get the title! Tomorrow he said. If he doesnt get it tomorrow, Im getting a different 300SE.

·
Registered
1990 300SE, 1983 300D
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
FINALLY GOT IT! Picked it up today. Its great. Paint is stunning. 199 is the color code. Interior needs some work. Drivers seat needs to be redone, and the center consol wood. I love it. Its such a heavy car. Going 80 in it was like nothing. Heres a few pics.
And some of these are of what the guy had at his place.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts