Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a call this morning that my Orion Blue 09 SLK had FINALLY arrived. I ordered it pretty much loaded. I had a friend drop me off at the dealer after work to pick it up and enjoy the weather. When I arrived, the car looked amazing. The new AMG package looks GREAT in Orion a the Premium Beige looks stunning. It was amazing.

Then I looked a little closer as my sales guy walked out to greet me. I could tell by the look on his face that it wasn't good. Well....apparently my order had been screwed up. They had originally placed an order for a fully loaded car (they even gave me a print out from the computer) and somehow during a delay in late march or early april it "lost" it's Premium Package. So the car showed up with Heating, AMG, Navi, Lighting and no Premium. After admiring the car for a bit he game me a few options, none of which had me getting my car any time soon and I declined them all. I didn't even drive it for fear I might start thinking of taking it.

So. After getting the first 09 in town, I am now going to have to wait another 2 months while they get another one built correctly. Needless to say I am bummed and had to share. With me luck waiting ANOTHER 2 months.

Oh and one last thing. I was so grumpy about the whole mess I didn't even pull out my iPhone to shoot some pics.

·
Registered
SLK 55 AMG
3,560 Posts
That sucks... well, maybe the car was jinxed, hope the next one will be perfect.

·
Registered
858 Posts
:eek:Can't believe your sales person/dealer didn't give you a heads up prior to arriving for delivery. Smart move declining if you couldn't live with the missing option. Hopefully, they can find another car scheduled for production to speed up the process.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
Sorry to hear about the error. They should give you something for your trouble, perhaps throw in an OEM windblocker.

·
Registered
06' SLK350
2,315 Posts
yeah, try to get some free stuff for their mistake, wind blocker is $655 option, that's a good start.

·
Registered
2008 Mercedes-Benz R-Klasse 350 4MATIC - 2006 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Klasse 280
18 Posts
jakepratt,

I feel for you and know exactly what you are going through. Almost the same thing happened to me last year when we ordered a 2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible. It arrived as "Black," not "Jet Black Metallic." Also, it did not have the right options. This is after waiting over 90 days! I only found out when I arrived on the dealer's lot. Nothing could make up for that, so that was a totally lost sale. I hope you switch dealers or, at least, salespeople. They did not even give you a heads up before you came to the lot, and there is no excuse for that.

·
Premium Member
2013 C250
7,273 Posts
Bummer. btw what's in the Premium package of the 09 SLK?

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
Good for you for sticking to your guns. If you're going to pay that amount of money, you should get what you ordered. A lot of people would have meekly succumbed and bought the car. I'll bet that's what the dealer was hoping for, which is why the salesperson didn't call you before you went to the dealership. Shame on them.

I agree. You should be compensated in some way for your inconvenience. After all, you're going to be missing a few months of great "top down" weather while you wait.

·
Registered
2009 SLK 350
54 Posts
One thing to be aware of. On the MBUSA site the 'build your own' feature now has pricing for 09 SLKs BUT the MSRP price with Premium Pkg I is now $650 more than what the MSRP was on my 09 SLK 350 when I picked it up on May 5th!

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
1,614 Posts
One thing to be aware of. On the MBUSA site the 'build your own' feature now has pricing for 09 SLKs BUT the MSRP price with Premium Pkg I is now $650 more than what the MSRP was on my 09 SLK 350 when I picked it up on May 5th!
Let's hope the dealer will do the right thing and honor the price that he got on his "first" SLK.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks all. I'm glad you pointed that out. I'm going to get a little aggressive with my sales guy about the price increase. I'm getting the car at invoice + 1000 so they seem a little reluctant to budge much more. If the price is going to increase due to the delay I have no intension of paying more. I like the wind blocker idea but I already have one from my previous SLK. Maybe I will do a little accessory shopping.

The only thing keeping me from boiling over right now is that I traded in my RDX for an Infiniti FX this week too so I guess I can spend some quality time with the SUV.

·
Registered
'09 SLK55
6 Posts
I took delivery of my '09 SLK55 last week. When I ordered it, they had no pricing and sketchy details about the option packages. When it was delivered, I was pleasantly surprised that the price was not substantially increased and the car came in loaded. The base price was $64,300, $720 for Iridium Silver, $730 for Digital Automatic Climate Control (IMHO, this should be standard for a luxury auto), $1030 for the Lighting Package, $510 for the Heating Package, and $2980 for the MultiMedia Package (6.5" High Definition Display, 40GB Hard Drive with GPS Navigation, Harman/Kardon LOGIC7 Surround Sound System with Dolby Digital 5.1, Enhanced Voice Control for Audio, Telephone and Navigation, 40GB Hard Drive with Music Register for download of MP3 files, and In Dash SD Memory Card Reader). Destination & Delivery at $825 and Gas Guzzler Tax at $1000. Total MSRP is $72,095.
The 6 Disc CD Changer is now in-dash and standard. iPod/MP3 Media Interface is standard. Power Seats, Power Steering Column, Sirius Satellite Radio (6 months free), Tele-Aid (12 months free), and so many other "toys" are included.
I traded in an '05 SLK350. The '09 SLK55 AMG is so far advanced. It will take me a year to figure out how to use all the features. What an awesome set of wheels (not to mention, a ROCKET)!

·
Registered
2009 SLK 350
54 Posts
When I ordered mine on March 15th they had no pricing at all. I made the deal at $500 over invoice regardless of what the MSRP ended up at. Of other dealers who made me offers, one was $500 under MSRP and the other one was 3.5% off MSRP.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When I ordered in mid January I figured I was getting a decent deal. Go figure. Thanks for the ammo everyone. I am armed to go have a talk with them next week.

·
Registered
2009 SLK 350
54 Posts
When I ordered in mid January I figured I was getting a decent deal. Go figure. Thanks for the ammo everyone. I am armed to go have a talk with them next week.
In the Washington, DC area there are over 6 M-B dealers and I contacted them all for a deal. Only 3 actually made an offer.

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
When I ordered mine in April 2004, we didn't know what the list price would be but my dealer said that they were going to sell the SLK's at full list the first year. I ordered mine. The dealer closest to my house wanted List + $5,000 and some stupid people paid it, not me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had to drop off my other car at the dealer so I snagged a quick pic of my "amost" car when I pulled in. I really love the blue..wish I was driving it.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK 350
216 Posts
When I ordered mine in April 2004, we didn't know what the list price would be but my dealer said that they were going to sell the SLK's at full list the first year. I ordered mine. The dealer closest to my house wanted List + $5,000 and some stupid people paid it, not me.
That is totally awful, a MB dealer trying to ramp up prices above list....they should no longer be able to call themselves MB dealers......change to EBAY Dealers!

·
Registered
SLK 200K
20 Posts
I'm joining the SLK Club too, with what is probably one of the first '09 models in the UK. Unlike you guys in the US where petrol prices are cheap, I've plumped for the 200K - cubanite silver, black leather, remote roof, airscarf, 6CD changer, transparent wind deflector, cupholder...

Can't wait!

The one thing I am going to have to get used to quickly is the extra 1' or so on the nose - previous car was an Opel Astra Coupe Bertone 2.0 16v which had a shortish snout.

·
Registered
2006 SLK 350
454 Posts
The car wouldn't even be under consideration without Premium. Sorry that happened but I don't blame you one bit.

I've got a 55 on order and I hope this doesn't happen to me.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts