Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just brought my first Mercedes, its 2007 GL 500, I sold my 2011 Lexus LX 570 and brought the Benz (is it a downgrade or upgrade?) ;)

I'm loving it but have some questions and concerns; the parts and repairing are very expensive!

My GL has the navigation and rear camera but in the glove box I don't have the cd change and there is a round shaped port (maybe its for the cd changer) so now I can either put audio cd or the navigation DVD in the command system.

My dealer says there is no iPod integration cable for my system; what is the best aftermarket device will work the best with my system?
I need to order oem trailer hitch; is there different kinds? Whats the part number and from where can I order it online with good savings?
What I hate the most is the problem of the rear gate latch; the automatic rear gate sometimes opens and sometimes not. I think this is a common problem. What is required to be replaced (part number please). I took it to the agency and they told me that they will first inspect and then will tell me (inspection will cost me about $200!!)

Thanks and regards,
M.A

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone,

I just brought my first Mercedes, its 2007 GL 500, I sold my 2011 Lexus LX 570 and brought the Benz (is it a downgrade or upgrade?) ;)

I'm loving it but have some questions and concerns; the parts and repairing are very expensive!

My GL has the navigation and rear camera but in the glove box I don't have the cd change and there is a round shaped port (maybe its for the cd changer) so now I can either put audio cd or the navigation DVD in the command system.

My dealer says there is no iPod integration cable for my system; what is the best aftermarket device will work the best with my system?
I need to order oem trailer hitch; is there different kinds? Whats the part number and from where can I order it online with good savings?
What I hate the most is the problem of the rear gate latch; the automatic rear gate sometimes opens and sometimes not. I think this is a common problem. What is required to be replaced (part number please). I took it to the agency and they told me that they will first inspect and then will tell me (inspection will cost me about $200!!)

Thanks and regards,
M.A
hi ,
First off, you said GL500, I thought its suppose to be either a GL450 or GL550, Second, when you open the glove compartment , look at the left hand corner top edge, you will see a small square silver button, tap it and the CD loader which is 6 will drop down, i doubt if that vehicle does not have a cd loader. Thirdly, you will also see a cord, which you can use for your Ipod etc/ As for the tail gate, you may have set it on limiter, so when you want it ipen from the drivers door or from the back it will only open half way, second, if it is set for obstruction, then when you open it, if there is someobject within its opening cycle it will automatically stop , so thoose are not problems, you can read the manual and reset them accordingly, now that will save you $200.00

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the prompt response. Its a non US model which is equivalent to the 550.

Regarding the glove compartment, please see the attached picture. What can I do with this available port? it doesn't look one of the standards ports available in the market (USB, Audio, etc) plus there is no cord.

For the tailgate, you got me wrong. The problem is it doesn't lift at all, its stuck! you can hear some sounds like trying to release the latch but its just stuck even if you try to pull it. I had to go from inside and use the manual lever. The weird thing is it works normally suddenly!

Still didnt save 200 yet, I guess I will be spending 2000 instead :crybaby2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts