Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys,
i recently picked up an '07 C230 Sport. loving it so far. it's really growing on me.

Please understand that I know next to nothing about xenon headlights, so pardon my ignorance. i've been reading a bit but not picking up enough of what i need, so i figure it never hurts to ask.

anyways i'm interested in swapping out the normal headlights for an HID/xenon kit. the style of lamps in it right now is reflective, but i like that Projector look.

if i've read correctly and the information is correct, the reflective lenses kind of throw the light upwards whereas the projectors will project the beam more straight, focused, & cleanly. is this correct?

& to be honest i kind of like the look of the projector style lamps themselves even when the lights are off.

i'm looking on ebay & seeing these Depo kits, but they're for 01 through 05. i rarely see anything for 06, & likewise for 07.

i'm reading that OEM Bi-xenons are the best, but are prohibitively expensive on my budget.

i'm seeing these on ebay:

eBay Motors: MERCEDES W203 DEPO CHROME PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT + XENON (item 120393769310 end time Apr-17-09 16:17:16 PDT)

the seller says they're '01 through '07. i just don't understand, however, how some lights can work for 01 through 05 but not 06 & 07, yet these ones apparently can?

though if these worked they'd be quite appealing as they have bulbs preinstalled & whatnot.

also, in addition to the headlamps, i'm curious about fog lamps as well.

i saw these on ebay:

eBay Motors: MERCEDES W203 C W211 E AMG OVAL PROJECTOR FOG LIGHTS (item 370176740685 end time Apr-20-09 03:57:46 PDT)

it says projector. are these different than my stock fogs? i know i have to replace the fogs as well to match the color of my xenons anyways... these ones look nicer than stock from what i can tell (my car's at home & i'm at work right now.) but don't know if these fit in my car as well. can somebody let me know if they would fit in my car? (07 C230 sport)

-once again the auction kind of says they do but i'm just skeptical as i've not seen them anywhere else. & hell a second opinion is always a good thing.

also, i live in southern california (north orange county) so if anyone can recommend a shop to buy some or have them installed within 60 miles of north oc i'd be highly appreciative. :)

·
Registered
W124, W203, W204, W251
121 Posts
IMO.....don't waste your money on ebay headlight.....you can get the used OEM for reasonable price(just have to be patience)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's a reasonable price? are they hard to install on a car that didn't originally come with them? do they require anything in between such as an adapter?

can i install them myself, or should i pay someone? if i pay them, how much should it cost? -just trying to cover all the bases here.

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
It's really straightforward: if you want the HIDs for the 'blue look', nobody here can hope to dissuade you, get whatever kit you want, they convert OK. I can't stand the glare but lots of folks here seem alright with it.

If you want to see really well, put some +50 (often marketed in the USA as XtraVision, don't know where you are) bulbs in, or some H9-on-H7 Rallyes from suvlights.com. They will throw much more light onto the road while preserving the exact same legal beam pattern you started with. They will not be more blue, but you'll have great headlights.

If you want to spend money like crazy, buy the factory Bi-X lights new, or used. They are very expensive but can be retrofitted. There is a level sensor and some other pieces involved, it's not just a straight swap-out of the headlights, but Steve at mbenz.nl and others have done it before.

The aftermarket headlights are a mixed bag, some decent, some bad, but I don't believe anyone makes them for the 06-07s. Someone else here might know that.

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes C 230 Sport Sedan
13 Posts
Try this link (STAY AWAY FROM EBAY!)

Shepherd Auto Parts 2007 C230 Low Beam Headlight Upgrade Kit (8000k). This is a true Blue-Hued HID headlamp upgrade kit & for $34 you can't go wrong (Ebay seller's are charging more than twice as much for the same thing!).

Shepherd Auto Parts HID Lamp Upgrade Kit Link

Best of luck & please PM, Email or Post here if you happen to find good instructions on how to install these. THANKS!

TSU

·
Registered
2006 C350 SS
3 Posts
Shepherd Auto Parts 2007 C230 Low Beam Headlight Upgrade Kit (8000k). This is a true Blue-Hued HID headlamp upgrade kit & for $34 you can't go wrong (Ebay seller's are charging more than twice as much for the same thing!).

Shepherd Auto Parts HID Lamp Upgrade Kit Link

Best of luck & please PM, Email or Post here if you happen to find good instructions on how to install these. THANKS!

TSU
I'd like to see instructions for installing these if someone did it before. Is this pretty much plug directly to the OE's wires without cutting or splicing or drilling the assembly?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts