Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
1995 Mercedes E230
Discussion Starter #1
Helllo! I have nss with 6 pins (722.4)
And i swapped transmission another 722.4. But now my nss plug have 6 pins but on tranny there is only 4 pins. The
same nss with the same style connector . What to do?

Registered
Helllo! I have nss with 6 pins (722.4)
And i swapped transmission another 722.4. But now my nss plug have 6 pins but on tranny there is only 4 pins. The same nss with the same style connector .... What to do?
Need more info....
Please update your user cp info.
click on your icon----> click on Account Settings---->
goto Account Details----> add vehicle details---->
ADD your make model YEAR ----> click save

Registered
E320/E250 Bluetec Ford F350 6.7l
Those switches were used only on 1st year of W210, who had drive train grandfathered from W124.
So you will find more info about it in W124 section.

Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
You need to specify the full transmission number that the car has, and the transmission number of the replacement.

Like 722.4XX.

The 4 wires for the transmission are for the starter and the reverse lights. Not sure what the remaining 2 pins are for for your car. If you provide the transmission numbers in full, it may help.

Registered
1995 Mercedes E230
Discussion Starter #5
You need to specify the full transmission number that the car has, and the transmission number of the replacement.

Like 722.4XX.

The 4 wires for the transmission are for the starter and the reverse lights. Not sure what the remaining 2 pins are for for your car. If you provide the transmission numbers in full, it may help.
Transmission code is 201 271 0701
I think it is 722.421. Sory for bad quality picture.

Registered
Dallas, Texas
Transfer NSS from old transmission to replacement. Two additional pins send signal for shifter position to engine control module.

Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
OK.

I am a bit confused whether the old transmission has 4 pins or the new one has 4 pins. But here it goes.

The 4 pins are compatible: pins 1 and 2 are for the reverse light and pins 8 and 9 are for the starter switch. So the car should start and when the gear in reverse, the back up lights should light up.

The extra two pins, 6 and 7 are for gear 2/3 recognition. Meaning, when the gear is in D, the resistance between pins 6 and 7 is very high (open) and then the gear is either 2 or 3, the resistance between those pins is low (short). These pins are connected to the Engine Computer. What the engine computer does with them, I have no idea (yet). So you can put the old nss into the new one.

Registered
1995 Mercedes E230
Discussion Starter #8
OK.

I am a bit confused whether the old transmission has 4 pins or the new one has 4 pins. But here it goes.

The 4 pins are compatible: pins 1 and 2 are for the reverse light and pins 8 and 9 are for the starter switch. So the car should start and when the gear in reverse, the back up lights should light up.

The extra two pins, 6 and 7 are for gear 2/3 recognition. Meaning, when the gear is in D, the resistance between pins 6 and 7 is very high (open) and then the gear is either 2 or 3, the resistance between those pins is low (short). These pins are connected to the Engine Computer. What the engine computer does with them, I have no idea (yet). So you can put the old nss into the new one.
Ok. Thanks for the help both of you :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts