Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 1967 250s automatic. I noticed on the firewall it has a back up switch that isn't hooked up. Cable is toward front of the car. I have looked at the electrical schematics and do not see the neutral safety switch for this car? I looked at the 68 sl schematic and it's there. Does the 67 250s have any starting safety features?

When the carbs are cold and you hit the pedal should both carburator butterflies shut both for the front and rear? Currently only the rear carb butterfly closes.

The car has been sitting for almost 20 yrs so I plan on draining the tank rebuilding the carbs replacing all fluids and hoses.

Thanks
Anthony

·
Registered
68 250S, 91 300se, 98 SL500, 450SEL 6.9, 14 CLS550 Past MB's; 300SD, 300E, 300TE, 190E, ML420
4,277 Posts
Yes the butterflies should both be closed when cold. After you rebuild be sure to set the carbs up correctly.

Be careful removing the accelerator pump diaphragms. squirt wd40 or oil in and let sit a while so you dont tear them. Reuse them, dont use the cheap blue plastic ones, they wont work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, the car was retrofitted with weber 32/36 carbs with idle shut off solenoids in each. Not sure if the accelerator pump is any different on the weber carbs?

Anthony

1 - 4 of 4 Posts