Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ordered my SLK 55 in October my salesman told me the car would be the second SLK 55 manufactured for the dealer (he told me the dealer is allocated two SLK 55's per month) in January, and that I should expect delivery in early March. From reading past threads here I'm under the impression my dealer can look on the Netstar system and see exactly which week the car is scheduled to be produced. My salesman is now telling me that his "Order Department" has received "no news" about my car. Am I getting the brush off?

·
Registered
SLK 350
2,327 Posts
That's what it sounds like to me. The dealer should be able to access the Netstar system and get a build schedule for your car. It is expressed as a month and 10 day segment of that month. 2/3 would be the third ten days of February.

·
Registered
slk 55
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Duo-Art. How far ahead of the production date would the information be accessable to the dealer?

·
Registered
'05 SLK350
73 Posts
The order appears in NetStar as soon as it is confirmed. There are all kinds of status changes that get entered, sometimes many on the same day. The first status change that will tell you the production date is B00, which means is described as "DCAG X - 19 PROCESSED" or 19 days before production.

On mine, the order was confirmed 10/01/2004. B00 was 10/23. The VIN was assigned 11/18. The ship was assigned 11/26 and the ship left port 11/30. The car arrived at the L.A. VPC on 12/23 where it got totally screwed up and lost for 10 days. It finally arrived at my dealer on 1/11.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts