Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the net compensator (for the telephone) is located in a Mercedes Benz Clk 320 cabriolet

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Diesel Benz The vehicle is a 2002 320 Clk Cabriolet and came factory fitted with the Nokia in car telephone system Nokia RTE-4HB (Nokia 6091) The telephone icon appears on the radio (at the top) and the telephone itself is switched on. I have an intermittent fault, in that the telephone icon is displayed but the telephone has no reception. When you press the telephone button on the radio the screen is blank, at other times (when it is working) the radio button is pressed and the screen shows the cellular service provider in this case Vodafone.
I understand, that as this is an intermittent fault, it will not be easy to diagnose. I thought perhaps two things, Firstly the telephone antennae (aerial) and secondly the net compensator. I am unsure of the location of either so I was looking for advice as to where these items may be located in order to see if perhaps there was a loose wire or something equally simple to fix the problem.

Please could you advise if you think it may be something different and also the location of these two items.
For reference purposes the VIN no is WOB2084652T107491
I would appreciate any information that may be helpful in resolving this matter
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
222.132 & 221.122 & 213.050 & 906.633
10,428 Posts
Diesel Benz The vehicle is a 2002 320 Clk Cabriolet and came factory fitted with the Nokia in car telephone system Nokia RTE-4HB (Nokia 6091) The telephone icon appears on the radio (at the top) and the telephone itself is switched on. I have an intermittent fault, in that the telephone icon is displayed but the telephone has no reception. When you press the telephone button on the radio the screen is blank, at other times (when it is working) the radio button is pressed and the screen shows the cellular service provider in this case Vodafone.
I understand, that as this is an intermittent fault, it will not be easy to diagnose. I thought perhaps two things, Firstly the telephone antennae (aerial) and secondly the net compensator. I am unsure of the location of either so I was looking for advice as to where these items may be located in order to see if perhaps there was a loose wire or something equally simple to fix the problem.

Please could you advise if you think it may be something different and also the location of these two items.
For reference purposes the VIN no is WOB2084652T107491
I would appreciate any information that may be helpful in resolving this matter
Thanks in advance
The car VIN answers accurately the car model and model year and phone options questions, except that you VIN cannot be the above, the correct VIN must be WDB2084652T107491.

Now that you mention the phone brand, it is obvious that this is not a US car (obvious from the VIN too). This is a US forum and if you do not mention your location, everyone assumes you are from the US. This is important specifically on telematics topics where the cars are very different for different market areas.

The wiring diagram does not tell where the components are located but it does tell that this car does not have any linear compensator (the phone is an 8W car phone, no linear compensator that MB has would be able to produce that power. PM me your email address and I'll send you the diagram, it should be useful when you try to check the wiring.

I understand that you are not loosing audio in the car (like from the radio) at times the phone looses service? This would mean that the fibre ring is working fine, the phone control unit does not die completely at times. It could then be an antenna issue or an issue within the phone control unit itself. It could also be an issue with the wiring to the handset and the SIM card reader (are you using a SIM card at the control unit itself or at the SIM card reader at the front?).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts