Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
My MB SDS is virtually identical to the one you are looking at on eBay. The Xentry simulation software was fired up but the simulation does not work properly when trying to program the airbag module. Therefore, it is difficult to tell what the MB SDS is capable of in this regard. One thing for you to note though is that you must install the new module into the vehicle before you can use the front door capabilities of the MB SDS. Based on what I'm seeing on this end, there is no guarantee that the MB SDS software has any functionality to change the VIN supposedly stored in the airbag module. This whole exercise is becoming more confused with each evolution which begs the following question. Why is the VIN coded into the airbag module? Where did this supposition come from?

·
Registered
35,777 Posts
I would add that since that topic was started, new scanners arrived on the market.
Now for $100-150 you can buy MaxiEcu or iCarsoft MBII who will do the adaptations you need on those cars.
Than being legal purchase they have full support and updates.
None will do SCN coding, so when you get newer model, you still will be in mercy of stealers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
With my original SRS module I have the SRS light on the instrument display. Also has message SRS - Restraint system take to workshop and SOS - Phone. It never goes off. I have checked and cleaned both seat connections.
I bought the MB Diagnostic Scanner tool and code reader, icarsoft i980. Its description included SRS code reading and resetting. It does not. When I queue up the airbag diagnose it displays "Fault in communication with vehicle ECU". No codes displayed. The tool works when I queue up other diagnoses (reading and resetting codes).
I purchased a used SRS module on the internet. The seller listed the vehicles vin number, and it looked to be close in production to my vin. After installing the used SRS module I still have the red SRS light on the dash. Red SRS light will not turn off. Drove the car for about 30 minutes, still would not turn off. But, in the dash display for mileage, there is no reading that I have an SRS problem and/or SOS take it to the workshop?
I connected the code reader and queued up the airbag diagnose and it now recognizes that I have an SRS module! It displays "SRS module has a different vin number". It does not have any other faults. I cleared fault, responds with "all faults successfully cleared". But, the red SRS light is still on. Therefore, my SRS module was bad? Is the used installed module working since I don't have any faults in my dash display or on the scanner?

·
Registered
50 Posts
With my original SRS module I have the SRS light on the instrument display. Also has message SRS - Restraint system take to workshop and SOS - Phone. It never goes off. I have checked and cleaned both seat connections.
I bought the MB Diagnostic Scanner tool and code reader, icarsoft i980. Its description included SRS code reading and resetting. It does not. When I queue up the airbag diagnose it displays "Fault in communication with vehicle ECU". No codes displayed. The tool works when I queue up other diagnoses (reading and resetting codes).
I purchased a used SRS module on the internet. The seller listed the vehicles vin number, and it looked to be close in production to my vin. After installing the used SRS module I still have the red SRS light on the dash. Red SRS light will not turn off. Drove the car for about 30 minutes, still would not turn off. But, in the dash display for mileage, there is no reading that I have an SRS problem and/or SOS take it to the workshop?
I connected the code reader and queued up the airbag diagnose and it now recognizes that I have an SRS module! It displays "SRS module has a different vin number". It does not have any other faults. I cleared fault, responds with "all faults successfully cleared". But, the red SRS light is still on. Therefore, my SRS module was bad? Is the used installed module working since I don't have any faults in my dash display or on the scanner?
I have a 2007 Mercedes slk280, which shared engine and parts and various components with the w211. My car was involved in an accident; airbags (driver and knee) deployed. I replaced both airbag and SEAT BELT LOCK, then used the icarsoft 980i to reset the airbag.... it worked just fine!! Remember when the airbag deployed, the seat belt pre tensioner and lock ALSO DEPLOYED!! Replace the airbag alone will not allow you to reset the SRS light..... have to also replace/repair the seat belt, seat belt lock, and in the case of W211, maybe head rest too (not sure about this).

·
Registered
940 Posts
The Xentry simulation software was fired up but the simulation does not work properly when trying to program the airbag module. Therefore, it is difficult to tell what the MB SDS is capable of in this regard.

Simulation capabilities are limited when regarding some modules; VIN code inserting however is one basic tasks which should cause no problem. SDS is after all most sophisticated program for MB, it can beat carsofts etc. by every aspects. Nowadays chinese SDS comes with Vediamo too, that is even deeper level coding/programming tool but need much more insight from user too.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts