Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is back in Dunkerque for the finishing touches. Julio the installer got the Alpine digital signal processor going yesterday. He reports on his website that the sound is very clean and prescise with perfect stereo imaging. At first the sub-woofer base was a little bit in the background so he turned a screw on the Brax amp. Now the sub shakes anyone in the car but thanks to the Dynamat "bubble" the car itself stays stable. I can't wait to hear it for myself.

BTW the thread on the install has generated considerable attention - over 8000 views!
HIFIMOBILE :: Voir le sujet - PETITE INSTALLATION DANS UNE CLK 55 AMG
Yeeah mate! - sounds great!

..and yes, Dynamat is gooood shit...a friend of mine used it in his BMW.

He too had a monster sub....if you sat in the back seat, the sub in the boot would literally THUMP the hell out of your back through the seat!! :eek:

Dunkerque, eh.... I shall be there in under 3 weeks for the start of my road trip to Le Man!

I like the caption for the web site...."Petite installation"... small installation my arse! - in your photos, your car looked like it was back in the factory being made!! hee hee.

I bet you're itching to get it back!

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2002 clk 55amg coupé
339 Posts
Heh, Rashman, you should do yourself a favor (er, favour) and go see Julio at HifiMobile in Dunkerque. He owns a 208 CLK and is busy finishing up his own killer install - featuring Utopia Be 21 cm subwoofers in the car doors!

I have only had the chance to listen to my system for a few hours. First impression -- unbelivable! You hear the 'sound stage' but you can't tell if any sound is coming from any particular speaker. Superb.

Like the rest of the system the sub is very accurate, with tremendous range. The Utopias, Alpine and Brax make the original COMAND head unit and Bose amp (now working as a pre-amp) sound amazingly good.

Thank you, Julio.

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Coupe
791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heh, Rashman, you should do yourself a favor (er, favour) and go see Julio at HifiMobile in Dunkerque. He owns a 208 CLK and is busy finishing up his own killer install - featuring Utopia Be 21 cm subwoofers in the car doors!

I have only had the chance to listen to my system for a few hours. First impression -- unbelivable! You hear the 'sound stage' but you can't tell if any sound is coming from any particular speaker. Superb.

Like the rest of the system the sub is very accurate, with tremendous range. The Utopias, Alpine and Brax make the original COMAND head unit and Bose amp (now working as a pre-amp) sound amazingly good.

Thank you, Julio.
We're going to be working to a abit of a schedule on the way down to Le Man but I'll see what I can do.

Your system sounds crazy!

:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts