Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Needing a Panorama Roof (or at least the Metal part)

417 4
Does anyone have or know of a Panorama Roof for sale?

Especially if it happens to already be Palladium Silver. Either complete or at least the metal part, our glass and all is still good if someone has one with a broken glass.

Ended up taking back the 2009 model we bought a month ago due to several issues that just couldn't seem to chase down, They found us a super low mileage near mint condition 2011 model, same color we wanted which was Palladium without a scratch on it and a perfect interior and everything works like new, the whole car looks and even smells like new.

UNTIL.... The truck driver who delivered it lowered one of the delivery trucks hydraulic rams or something onto the roof on the drivers side and dented it during the delivery! So they're gonna pay for a roof if we can find one and simply replace it as a unit since that seems to be fairly easy to do and wouldn't have any body work needed or even painting if we can find a Palladium one.

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2011 SL550 AMG Sport Package
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTW: Does anyone know what all year models you can swap the roof section with a 2011, As in do all R230's fit from 2003 through 2012 or did they change it any in 2007 or 2009 when they did the 2 updates?

· Registered
Current 2009 SL550 Silver Arrow Edition, 2006 CLK350 cabrio, 2016 Audi SQ5
31 Posts
Hello. Sorry to hear about the car being scratch/dented upon delivery...how frustrating. I would check with a place called AutohubShop. They are excellent and have several Panoroofs available. I've purchased several parts from them, especially parts that are no longer available to buy new. Give them a try.

· Registered
2011 SL550 AMG Sport Package
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, yea we found them on eBay and they have several but none the right color and many have at least some damage so was hoping to find already the correct color as no body shop in my area wants to repaint one because they don't think the glass comes out easily and are afraid they'd ruin the rubber trying to take it out and don't want to paint it with the glass and rubber in it.

Hello. Sorry to hear about the car being scratch/dented upon delivery...how frustrating. I would check with a place called AutohubShop. They are excellent and have several Panoroofs available. I've purchased several parts from them, especially parts that are no longer available to buy new. Give them a try.

· Registered
'03 SL500's Tanzanite Blue, Aegean Blue, Mars Red, Alabaster White '11 S550 Flint Gray
346 Posts
Try car-part.com. This is a listing from salvage yards across the country. There are several silver ones available, but maybe not the right silver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts