Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like I have an oil leak from my ac compressor if that is even possible. I filled R134a and a leak sealant in this summer but stayed inside the safe range on the guage. Recently I had to change my fan, fan clutch and radiator. When I saw the leak under the car, I though I might not have secured all the connections to the new radiator. But it is oil on the ground not coolant.
When I get under the car however, the oil source seems to be from the upper bolts of the ac compressor. It drips down to the oil pan and then of onto the ground. Have any of you had this happen????? Can I somehow drain the excess oil out???

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
The oil is most likely coming from the engine. Radials have oil measured in ounces and it starts out clear. If it's dirty colored like engine oil but it isn't engine oil you've got big refrigerant circuit problems.

·
Registered
500SE AMG, E350 4matic, GL 450
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok. I degreased the underside of the engine and after it dried, I sat under the car and waited for the oil drip to start. It is at one bolt of the oil pan. I tightened it up a bit just to see if it had somehow become loose. I imagine the torque is only 10 Nm or at most 25 Nm-more likely 10 from the size of the bolt. It looks like come spring, I will need a new oil pan gasket.
NordRhein, you were correct about it being engine oil. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts