Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
E320 (w211)
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for 19" wheel for my Silver E Class(w211) and these are the choices I picked but I have no clue which one I should get. So if you were me which one would you pick?

O.Z
Any of the AMG's
or
Brabus

·
Registered
2003 E320
46 Posts
I would pick the Brabus. I like the deep dish look in front. That's what I;m thinking of myself. The other wheels are a pain to clean behind the spokes for brake dust. Am facing that with my 17" MB Sport rims now. If you have the Brabus, keep the dish and the spokes gleaming, and don;t bother about the Brake dust behind. My bro has a 530i BMW with the dish wheels, and it looks great..

Have fun with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I like the 20's, but 19's still look good/ I am an AMG person, however for the money O.Z is probably a better bet. But man that AMG one you picked is pretty. Its like the E55 but with bolt heads niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice- RR

·
Registered
2005 E500
35 Posts
I have the 20 inch brabus wheels. They are replicas though. I would have got the 2 piece amgs that you have there but they wanted over 6grand with tires. I didnt want to get the replicas of the amgs since they looked way cheesier. The brabus replicas are pretty much the same as the reals except they are 1 piece not 2 piece. Take a look at my car.

·
Registered
E320 (w211)
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
WOW! Thanks guys that really help a lot.

gdestiny, thanks for submitting your pics as I was wondering how my car would look like with the brabus rims, I thought it only looks good on black but hey it looks great on silver.

Oh and what do you guys think of this Lorinser RS6 compared with the Brabus?? Is this Lorinser too stock looking?

·
Registered
2005 E500
35 Posts
Those lorinsers look nice too. Its all what you want. Ill tell you that many people have the brabus so you wont be so unique. Go with what you like and take your time. I was looking at rims well before I even bought the car.

No I didnt lower the car but I have airmatic so I keep it on sport II and I have about a 1 finger gap in the rear and 2 finger gap in front which is bearable for me. Thats why I got 20s though. If I got 19s I would definitely have lowered it. Ride quality is not bad. You obviously feel more bumps in the road because of the rubber band tire but that is expected. My grandma didnt complain recently when I took her out and she hates bumpy rides. Good luck.

·
Registered
E320 (w211)
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah thanks for the infos.

I have airmatic too but sometimes even on comfort mode it feels bumpy when going over rough roads.

·
Registered
2003 E320
46 Posts
Hi gdestiny,

I absolutely love your wheels. I have the W211 in the same Brilliant silver. I would really appreciate if you could tell me whom you ordered the wheels from and what tire package did you select ? I also have the Airmatic. Is the ride a lot harsher, and does the tire rub in the wells. Your reply is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2003 E320
46 Posts
Hi gdestiny,

I absolutely love your wheels. I have the W211 in the same Brilliant silver. I would really appreciate if you could tell me whom you ordered the wheels from and what tire package did you select ? I also have the Airmatic. Is the ride a lot harsher, and does the tire rub in the wells. Your reply is appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2005 E500
35 Posts
Check your pm bpinto. I sent you one.

·
Registered
2005 E500
141 Posts
The Lorinser RS6's look cool, and you probably don't see them around as much as the AMG's and Brabus. Cars sometimes can get to look strange IMHO when you put big wheels with thin spokes on them yet the brake rotors are still the small-diameter stock rotors. MB's stock brake rotors seem larger than those of things like Honda's etc. that people put large diameter small-spoke wheels on. All of those MB wheel replacements look good. I am saving up so that when I buy the AMG ones, they will come mounted on an E55 AMG which is what I'll eventually replace my '05 E500 with [:D]. If you have to fork out $6,000.00 for the wheels & tires, then you are almost one third of the way there already.

·
Registered
E320 (w211)
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JG in SB,

Yah the Lorinser RS6 are not bad and I like them very much, but then my friends keep telling me that it looks like the rims on the C240 Kompressors with sport package. Ah well, dunno still deciding [:D]

·
Registered
2005 E320 CDI
92 Posts
I have the stock wheels without the air suspension or sport option because ride is very important for me. I uaually like OEM wheels, but all of your choices look OK to me, although the Brabus are a bit rough looking compared with the E's smooth styling.

My favorite look is with the 18 inch wheels that come with the sport package since they are both smooth and sculpted.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Go w/ the 2-piece Brabus monoblock VI's. I have them on my SL55 (Carlsson 1/16 ultra lights on my E55). Not a fan of the Lorinser.

~ Ian

·
Registered
MB 270 CDI
4 Posts
Hello I am from Spain.Beautiful wheels.Brabus wheel without any doubt.If the car is silver brillian will be perfect.
Anyway,IanSl55 the wheels of the MB class E which appear in your photo are really nice.
Bye[:)]

·
Registered
7 Posts
i think that you should have a look at some japanese wheel manufacturers, like autocouture, fabulous, wald to mention some of the well-known ones. i know they have distributors in the u.s. and they can give your car a totally different look from other people's.

i have 20" autocouture magnifique rims with fabulous bodykit on my w211 and i think it looks great. plus, no one else has the same look.

here are some pics:

cheers,

rmarsono

·
Registered
2005 E500
141 Posts
zergcerebrates - 5/4/2005 11:14 PM

JG in SB,

Yah the Lorinser RS6 are not bad and I like them very much, but then my friends keep telling me that it looks like the rims on the C240 Kompressors with sport package. Ah well, dunno still deciding [:D]
Now that you mention it.....the Lorinser RS6 DO look very similar to the stock rims on the "sport" C-class Kompressor.

Whatever you do, I recommend that you stick with one of the better associated MB aftermarket types (Brabus, AMG, Lorinser) rather than go the Japanese route. I just think there is something out of place sticking Japanese parts on a German automobile. I wouldn't want anyone to notice that the aftermarket wheels on my MB E-class are the same ones that are on the tricked-out Honda Accord Coupe that just pulled up next to me at the traffic signal.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts