Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2005 W211 E320
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to go for something for a good deal (value) while also getting something that will look nice on my car...

eurotech offers a nice set of 18" brabus look-a-like wheels on ebay, and they're only $595 for a set of four. They're black with a silver lip. They guarantee them for lifetime, and seem like a reputable dealer. Any one order wheels from them before? They're based out of San Diego, California.

They're not bad for the price, but I sorta would prefer something with a larger face, if it were the right style... but I'm having a hard time finding anything that I like for that same price point. And not necessarily black, would also go with chrome.

Any ideas?

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,578 Posts

·
Registered
2005 W211 E320
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
I just check't out the Lorinser Webpage , some nice once there,RS 1 , i think looks cool .
Ciao
http://www.sportservice.lorinser.com/en/tuning_parts/all/light_metal_rims.html:thumbsup:

Have this 1 too.
http://www.brabus.com/index_en.html
While those wheels are very nice, I especially do like the RS-1 (although it doesn't list it as available for the S-class?) ... I am certain they will cost well over $595 for a set of four wheels. This is why I'm stuck on the ebay set, because they're brand new and so inexpensive to buy...

These would look great on my car for $595:

·
W140 Moderator
"CHRIS" Merc 92 600SEL / Sold > 93 600SE / 93 S500 / 89 560SEL / 413CDI / B180-CDI /A170-CDI
7,578 Posts
Hi
Yes ,those r nice Wheels " BUT " if i'm not mistaking , you'r Car Beeing Black and those Rims with the Black Centre all round ,wouldent that disturb the Balance off the Cars overall Look ,too much black, i have seen those Rims on Black Porsches of wich are suited 100% but for our Classical -Majestic- Presidential -King of the Road's/Exellence ,( Lol ,ran out of titles ) ,dont thing they would look good ,try to take a picture of your Car then add Adobe Photoshop and see how they look b4 u buy .
Ciao :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 W211 E320
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I actually like those quite a lot...

Where did that thread titled "Some pics for the fans of.." go? .... There was a car with a particular set of (factory) wheels, that I really liked as well.

Now, the real question is can any wheels like that be had for even under $1000 for a set? ... I'm not sure i can fit some expensive wheels into my budget, and the ones for only $595 would look great for such a little price tag... Or, I could get the same wheels for a little bit more money in chrome or silver...

But the black on black look is really captivating on black cars, and I'm thinking they would go really well on mine. And, I just know that if I didn't get black wheels, I would still be wondering how they would have looked..... I think i just have to try them! ... Worst case scenario, I don't particularly like them, they are cheap! i could stack them up and store them and eventually get some nice AMG wheels maybe, and switch every so often just to change up the look... hah.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where are the rim measurements taken for width and diameter?
I have a set of 18"chrome factory AMG wheels. They are staggered sizes front and rear.
The diameter is greater than 18" if you measure from lip of rim to lip of rim. The width is 9.5" and 10.5" if you measure from edge to edge.
Your help is appreciated.
Thanks
Razerman

·
SL55, 300SE, GL450, Daytona 955i
10,293 Posts
These would look great on my car for $595:

last I checked, these rims are not made in correct offset range for W140 (43-52mm), they are made to fit most other Benzes with 35mm offset.

I could be wrong though, or maybe they expand their line of options since I last checked (couple years ago)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts