Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 E320 Sedan and I'm changing the Brake Pads. I need the torque settings in ft/lbs for the caliper bolts that are removed to replace the pads on the front and rear. I think the rear bolts are smaller and thus would have a lower torque setting.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So let me get this straight. I ask the simple question of the torque values for the brake caliper bolts and you post a link to a service manual that you have to order. WOW thanks!

·
Registered
None right now
124 Posts
I might get shot for saying this but here it goes: Snug them good and tight and give them another snug. You don't want them to fall off. Reuse is just fine mas long as they are not cracked, stripped etc. Grease the shafts so the caliper moves freely. This is an often overlooked but very important step. Clean out the brake dust to keep things operating as they should. I take the car outside and use compressed air, then leave the area for 5 minutes. Works great. MB wants you to replace all the parts all the time. That's what's called a profit center.

·
Registered
2001 E55 AMG
3,294 Posts
Pete '06 E320 CDI..........I won't shoot you,you are spot on......I've never torqued them bolts ever,people make too much about torque settings for things that don't need it......Common sense tells you when they are tight enough.

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,111 Posts
So let me get this straight. I ask the simple question of the torque values for the brake caliper bolts and you post a link to a service manual that you have to order. WOW thanks!
You haven't a clue that anyone on the Internet will give you the correct figure.

Poor baby, you can afford the time and expense of ordering the factory procedures. If you want, I can advise how to get them for $18.

·
Registered
2012 E550 Iridium Silver
131 Posts
Here you go:

2004 E320 Front 27 Nm (EXCEPT-211.083/283 Front 40 Nm)
Rear 28 Nm (EXCEPT-211.076/276 ??? Nm)

The manual does note that the self-locking, micro-encapsulated caliper bolts should be replaced...

Mike
-

1 - 9 of 9 Posts