Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone recommend a good (ie: cheapest) place to get these? also wondering if anyone knows how to manually lift the windows. Thanks in advance to those who take the time to reply!

·
Registered
2011 GLK,2007 S550,2003 S55,2008 CLK,2009 C300,1996 E300,2005 E320,2002 E3
1,355 Posts
You can order the parts here.
http://www.overnightautoparts.com/mercedes.html

Its not worth the effort to manually attempt to lift your windows. Toggle the switch back and forth, and they will eventually come up. If they dont, then park the car in the garage, and order the part for overnight delivery.[8)]

·
Registered
202 Posts
I got my MAF from www.importeccatalog.com for $269.95, no shipping, no tax (outside TX).

I didn't install the whole thing with it's tube n all, just the electronics, much easier imo.
Btw, I'll pay you $5 to cover shipping to me for your old MAF. I've been dying to take one apart uc.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550, 2011 C300 FORMER: ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
19,255 Posts
Look here for instructions on how to repair your window switches:

http://rodneygrill.com/mclass/mlswitch/index.html

While this repair will work, I would recommend you order the revised switch assembly (usually < $100) as the problem is a design flaw that will continue. The revised part is a permanent correction. If you do plan to buy a new assembly and don’t want to go to the trouble of taking apart the old one, you can pull up very firmly on the defective switch to break the plastic button off and then pull the white rocker out and then manipulate the contacts with a non-conductive.

- RODNEY

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys. i replaced the window switch today. i had a hard time getting the wood trim off, so i followed someone's advice to just reach under the console to undo the clips for the swith unit and just drop it down. it was pretty easy to locate the clips. i just looked at where they were on the new unit and used that as a guide for where to feel around for them under the console. the whole procedure could be done in less than 10 min.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts