Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'00 c230k [w202]
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i spoke to my mechanic & he told me it would be $500 parts & $350 labor to raise my 202.
does anyone know of a website where i can buy the parts for cheap without sacrificing quality? thanks!

·
2.3-16 | A3 2.0T | 986 Boxster
5,048 Posts
Wow! $850 for springs is a rip off. It's an easy enough DIY if you are inclined. What's your mechanic's hourly rate? That shouldn't be more than a 2 hour job for a pro. I'd look for used stock springs and put new shocks and struts on. What happened to your stock springs? Post some pictures of your ride height and see if there are any members that want to go lower that will trade springs.

·
Registered
85 190e/8v & 89 420 SEL
1,073 Posts
Yeah. That's a good idea. There's always someone who wants to go low that will trade stock springs for lowering springs. I'd try that. Make a Want to buy? thread in the correct section.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
i have my stock springs as well, but i dont think they are the same as your stock springs. your best bet would be to find someone willing to part with their stock springs. there is also the option of getting larger spring pads depending on what size is already on your car and why or how high you want to raise the ride height.

·
Registered
'00 c230k [w202]
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i bought some used stock springs yesterday.
found them on ebay for $150.
thanks tho!

·
Registered
Y2K MBZ C23OK W202
76 Posts
replacing my stock suspension

alright so i spoke to my mechanic & he told me it would be $500 parts & $350 labor to raise my 202.
does anyone know of a website where i can buy the parts for cheap without sacrificing quality? thanks!
I have a 2000 c230k and I had bought eibachs and i am going to by Billy shocks this week..i should have the new suspension installed within 2 weeks... I am willing to sell my original complete suspension (OEM springs and shocks) for $250 shipped if you are interested? There are no issues or sag with the shocks or springs...

·
Registered
'00 c230k [w202]
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whats the point of having a supercharger when you're gonna be slowing down at every dip/speed bump?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts