Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all SL enthusiast ...

After a suspension hydrolic oil spil now fixed, the dashboard lamp is still on while everything is corrected. A friend told me that there is a fault memory in the ADS controller . I guess this is the reason why the lamp is still on. As a result the suspension stays in sport mode and doesn't rise up...

Does anyone know how to clear this please?
Thanks in advance
Fabrice:
bowdown:

·
Registered
16 W205 C250D estate, 92 R129 SL500, 2001 C240 wagon
87 Posts
User manual instructions for clearing the ADS is to move to full left lock / right lock / back to centre. This will fix it if there is no longer a problem.
Greg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Greg,

Thank you very much for your help. You are right if the dashboard light is on because of a disconnection of the battery. In my case this was due to an oil leak.
I finally did go to a MB service garage and they cleared it in a minute. So now the suspension is back to confort and no longer locked in Sport mode which happens when a fault has been caught in memory.

My car is from 91, the "diagnostic plug" and the way to access the error codes from each device and to clear them is close to the modern stuff like a banger to a rocket... However this is affordable with simple electronic means and competences. So, if somebody could help me finding this info, I believe I'll be able to help and support many users that don't have an experienced MB garage closed to them. I had to show the car to 5 garages to find one that can do it and I'm leaving close to a large city....

Thanks to anyone that'll be able to help.
Regards to all SL enthusiasts !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts