Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, Happy New Year!!<br> I am writing now because I need step by step procedure for installing Mercedes original receiver unit. My car has Blaupunkt Cd player now, but I decided to put the original receiver into my car again. However, I don't know how to uninstall those unit and don't even know how to install the original unit. Can anyone tell me how to do them or can anyone know the site for this matter? In fact, the procedure of uninstalling the radio unit will be fine for now. I will figure out rest after I put away the current CD player... Well, I hope... Anyway, thanks for reading and have a greatest new year!!!!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Mine is 2000 C230K

Ok, Ive assumed the 2000 is the old type, not the new W203 .. If its the new W203 then its the same wiring stuff but I dont know how to take out the old radio.<br>
<br>
Take out the existing head unit using the keys that were supplied with that unit. Remove the metal trim thats been added in the dashboard that the head unit locks into by carefully prising up the tabs that are bent down to lock into the hole in the dash board (obvious if you look with a torch, they are around the front of the metal collar thing!)<br>
<br>
The harnesses should just unplug from the back of the head unit. If the installed did it correctly there will be 2 * 8 pin connectors connected to the head unit (which may actually be one 16 pin connector) and 1 * 10 pin connector (not connected, for MB head units only)<br>
Also, they should have cut one of the cables from the lower of the 8 pin plugs which you will have to reassemble, this is the diagnostic line needed for MB radios.<br>
<br>
Also, the MY1999 onward the connection between standard MB head units and the CD changer is fibre optic - you will see two orange color leads connected to a black (probably right angle) plug - be very careful with this as you mustnt bend those very much as they are fibre optic not copper. - Ive assumed you are in the USA , if not, then the fibre wont be pre-installed ...<br>
<br>
The other end of those are in the boot on the left hand side behind the boot trim along with a 3 pin power connector for the standard CD player.<br>
[On the new C class W203 then the CD player goes in the dash and the cables wont be there]<br>
<br>
The MB radio just slides in and locks into the plastic of the dash board, no metal sleeve collar thing needed ...<br>
<br>
R

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey, sorry I can't help you with the uninstall and install but, are you going to sell the BP radio if so, what model and for what price...Thanks in advance....Chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts