·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The Car is on mobile.de ? Gebrauchtwagen und neue Autos ? Deutschlands größter Fahrzeugmarkt.
84 sec 500 whit about 120000 km 8900 Euro
White Car whit us lorenser bumpers inside Black and white

Sorry about the line maybe my iPad is guilty

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/mercedes-benz-500-sec-lorinser-original-113800-km-königswinter-oberpleis/164544282.html?lang=de&pageNumber=1&__lp=2&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=17200&makeModelVariant1.modelDescription=Sec&makeModelVariant1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreetext=false&maxPrice=14001&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&maxMileage=150000[/url]

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I searched and found it. It is definitely a US version, which one can see from the bumpers. I understand very little Deutch and the translator is not working, but if you can find the VIN number and it starts with WDBCA, that will confirm that it is a US version.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aaaah ok the vin number is by German w126 in the Front and by us Cars on the driversite ,wright?

But the Airbag seems to be Europe there is no SRS on the steering Wheel

The Dealer says in the papers are written 238 hp

And what is the small Black Box connected whit the cooler

And the red round Thing by the Motor is this a indcater for us Version

The speedometer goes only up to 5500

I m so confused

Tank you so far

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Yes the VIN will be on a plate in the driver's side door jamb. Not all of the US version cars had SRS, my car included.

The red thing is the distributor cap, and is not individual to US cars I believe.
By small black box you mean the one in the boot/trunk? That is an aftermarket amplifier for a stereo. A good quality one.

If you mean the small black box right behind the radiator, that is a filter for gas tank fumes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will call tomorrow the Dealer to Check the vin.
But the Car is standing 2 years for selling and has a Good Price ,so my chances are sinking:crybaby2:

But thanks for the fast and Good support.

Tell you what comes out

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
if you copy and paste the link in his second post it will take you to it, sans the "[/url]" at the end.. The car looks very familiar to me. For some reason it doesn't work when you link to it... copy and paste...

http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat/mercedes-benz-500-sec-lorinser-original-113800-km-königswinter-oberpleis/164544282.html?lang=de&pageNumber=1&__lp=2&scopeId[/url] =C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortO rder=DESCENDING&makeModelVariant1.makeId=17200&mak eModelVariant1.modelDescription=Sec&makeModelVaria nt1.searchInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant2.searc hInFreetext=false&makeModelVariant3.searchInFreete xt=false&maxPrice=14001&negativeFeatures=EXPORT&ma xMileage=150000

·
W123 Moderator
78 450 SL, 84 500sec (Euro), 94 E320 Wagon and 85 500 SEL (Real AMG, 5.4, Pentas & Body Kit)
797 Posts
Looks like a Gen 1 Euro with US bumpers and kit

Looks like a Gen 1 Euro with US bumpers and kit

Its a gen 1 car - engine looks like a euro.

The cluster looks like a US 380 one, so I would not trust the mileage (KMs).

Door panels look like Gen 1 without the multi-speaker stereo.

What year is it supposed to be?

VIN might help.

·
Registered
1984 500SEC Euro: Midnight Blue w/ Cream Interior
236 Posts
Isn't the manual climate control a sign that it is a euro?

Don't think I have seen a US model with that.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
What about the cluster looks like a 380? And yes the manual climate control is almost exclusively found on euro cars. I can't say for sure I've seen a US spec with it. Silly that someone might have changed out the sleek euro bumpers for the cow catchers, even if it was to fit a body kit.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
It's definitely plausible. All I can say for sure is that the bumpers are US spec. Mr. T is right though, that climate control is almost a sure sign of a Euro. I couldn't comment on the engine. The VIN number will be the true tell.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts