Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2002 C240
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A SuperUser on MBWORLD has provided a great deal of advice on intalling a Nokia 6310i phone in my US C240. He provided the following part numbers necessary to do the installation:

Control Unit A203 820 25 85
(pls check that this is the correct part number, it replaced 203 820 99 26 which will not work with 6310)
Resistive/DC filter A203 820 55 15
E-Net compensator (GSM1800 booster), A203 820 39 26 (I didn't use this because the Nokia is GMS1900)
(I do not know the actual part number)
Bracket (Nokia 6310 cradle for a C240 2002) A203 820 06 51
Clip A203 823 00 60
Cover A203 823 03 49 (covers cables)
2*Screws A140 990 06 22
Cable (probably not needed for USA because Mercedes are pre-wired here)

This man is from the UK and things are located in different places there than they are here, e.g., the phone controller in many of the UK Mercedes is under the compartment in the front of the trunk rather than in the trunk behind the right side panel. He guesses that the D2B cable runs from the phone controller to somewhere behind the dash near the head unit. I've been told by someone else that (and let me paraphrase) Mercedes would not do things that way. They would put the reconfiguration point somewhere near where the phone controller, compensator, and antenna switch go. He suggested that the tie-in is probably done at the amplifier which he guessed is also in the trunk. As far as I can tell, it's not. As a matter of fact, I don't think my car has a separate amplifier at all, at least not one that is in the trunk or an easily accessible place near the trunk. I don't have a BOSE system so I don't have a BOSE amp. My radio is pretty basic, e.g., it has a phone keypad on the right, and LCD panel that flips down to reveal a tape player in the center, and four buttons to choose radio, CD, telephone, etc.

Do any of you know: 1. Does a basic 2002 C240 have a separate amplifier, and if so, where might it be located? 2. Where would you guess the phone's D2B cable terminates, as my SuperUser friend guesses, behind the dash near the head unit (under the passenger's-side panel beneath the dash or somewhere else)?

I will really appreciate any help that any of you are willing to provide.

Thanks,

Dick Gleason

·
Registered
ML55 KOMPRESSOR
42 Posts
You need the special Nokia for your phone!

Your nokia phone will need to have the mercedes software in order for it to work inside your car!
Ordinary phones will not work with the radio or steering buttons! This ensures that mercedes makes money on the phones also!
SORRY!!
JB

·
Registered
2002 C240
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nokia 6310I is installed & working

I used a German PSE, phone cradle and clip for the Nokia 6310i. That phone already has the software to work in the Mercedes. Your comment is accurate if one doesn't use the appropriate controller, but I did and the phone works just fine. Steering wheel controls, radio muting, phone sound working through the Mercedes sound system, etc.

Dick

·
Registered
2001 C240
13 Posts
RJ45 connector pinout?

Do you happen to know the pinouts for the RJ45 located in the arm rest where the phone goes? This is something I am VERY curious about.

Thanks,

EricJRW

1 - 4 of 4 Posts