Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a 2002 E430 Sport. In my old 93 300E I had 3 12' Kicker Solobarics. Since I got the new car I wanted to put the the twelves in it. Could this be done with just using the stock head unit? I went to an audio store today and the guy said you can't do it at all unless you change the head unit because it uses fiber obtics or something like that. Any ideas would be appreciated.<br> <br> Thanks,<br> Chuck

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's the AM/FM/Weatherband Cassette Radio. I had a MB 6 disc cd changer put in. Just have the 8-Speaker Bose premium sound and wanted a little more low end plus i just have this thing sitting in my closet.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, your car has d2b ring, where all of the above is on it. if you disconnect one part of it everything gets out of whack.<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
chuck, i have a 2000 clk 430. you can add to the factory head unit if the installer wants to take the trouble to do it. i had the rear bose subs removed and replaced with m-b quartz full range speakers. i added an alpine 5 channel power amp and a 12 inch mb quart box sub in the trunk. all of my factory items - phone, cd player, steering wheel controls work as they should. the installer didnt disrupt any of the fiber optic function. the system sounds great!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same question, but the answer doesn't seem clear yet. I have a 2000 CLK320 and just want to at one sub in the truck for a little pound. What do I have to do to get the job done with the factory unit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts