Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I use a Hayens manual for my 82 300TD (stationwagon). If you are in the U.S., you should be able to find one at your local automotive store (Autozone, Pepboys, ect.). I have only been a Mercedes owner for about 9 months now & it's proven to be usfull for everything I've need to do to the car. I also seek out any usefull info here in the forum.<br> Good luck<br> Chris

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The factory manuals are much nicer than Haynes, but cost a small fortune. Mercedes doesn't sell paper manuals any more, you have to buy a CD-ROM version (2-CD set) for ~$100. The Haynes is OK for general maintenance work, though.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I need to get past the General Maint and into things like wiring, vacuum lines and systems, real shop stuff, not changing oil and brakes, etc. Would the CD set have the shop technical info ?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, the CD shop manual should have most of what you want. The Haynes has a good amount of this stuff too. You can probably find a Hanyes at your local McParts to flip through and see what you think, they're a lot cheaper (~$20?) than the factory CD's (~$125).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.