Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i just bought a 99 white clk 430 not too long ago and i wanted to change my amg 17" rims to something nicer but i dont know what. i wanted 18" alloy, chrome lip, and deep dish. im not sure if that will look the best. any suggestions on rims and color. send pictures if anyone has any. thanks a bunch!! :D

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
if cost is not a factor, look into HRE, Brabus, Lorinser. all have wheels with lips, can get chromed. blackbenzzz has sevas wheels which look good, not as 'spensive as the major brands

1. AMG
2. Sevas
3. Carlsson
4. Lorinser

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
just caliper paint those bad boys

·
Registered
CLK,SLK
1,181 Posts
Good to see another CLK girl. Funny, I call myself the queen of all cars and bikes, but not on this site. For ideas on how to hook up your hot white 430 (my personal favorite after seeing the car below) go to cardomain. You'll see my page too. Get it lowered on big lip 19s.

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
If you want a big lip in rear you need to run 19"s i recommend in a 9.5 or 10 width.

www.dpengineering.cc

You will get almost 4" lip in rear on 19's. 18" will give you about 2.5" lip in rear. The DPE are 2pc forged. HRE are 3pc forged and you will get a nice lip but pay more. Kinesis are high quality forgings also. I recommend these for the ultimate quality and finish.

www.dazzmotorsports.com - check on Lowenhart and Maya, but they start at 19" sizing. These are 3pc cast made in Japan. Excellent quality, heavy though.

The forged wheels are just as affordable than Lorinser and Brabus which do not have Deep dish wheels and are not lightweight. Also Lorinser and Brabus are cast, you may as well buy copies on ebay, you can put the original center caps in copies also.

·
Registered
1999 CLK430 Coupe
317 Posts
you would caliper paint the hat of the rotor so you dont have rust. not the rotor surface..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't be afraid to look on ebay too, they have some great wheels that you can pick up pretty cheap. Found my RS5s on there from a guy that lived in Chicago and got them for an absolute steal...

·
Registered
W208
216 Posts
LorinserCLK55DTM - 5/2/2005 2:39 PM

Don't be afraid to look on ebay too, they have some great wheels that you can pick up pretty cheap. Found my RS5s on there from a guy that lived in Chicago and got them for an absolute steal...
If you choose to buy wheels from ebay make sure you get a lot of photo's for each wheel and make sure this guy is not a dead beat after he receives the money and you receive screwed up wheels.

You won't be able to notice it until you get it so be very CAREFUL! Me and a few other guys on here that have dealt with guys on ebay and got jacked so I'm just passing on the word so no one else get's involved with bad deals.

Anyways I just purchased a set of 19" Lowenharts LD5 (getting repaired right now because of A*Shole seller) once I get it back I will post up pics and you should get an idea of what type of wheel your looking for.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts