Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 430CLK with 27,000 miles. When I had about 18,000 miles I changed my tiers to Pirelli P7000. Front 225/45ZR17 and the back 255/40ZR17. <br>
The problem I’m having is that the tires are making very loud noise that starting to drive my crazy. <br>
<br>
So, I’m looking to change, and would like to get some ideas on new tires. I live in Los Angeles so not to much rain or snow, I do like to drive fast. <br>
<br>
<br>
Any suggestion?<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I recommend Michellin Pilot Sports or Dunlop SP Sport 9000..

The P7000s are really noisy and bad tires. I've had a set blow up on me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No tire out there is better in any category than the S-03 Pole

Position, period. The Michelin Pilot Sport is second, period. (serious winter tires excepted).<br> If you think that the S-03 is too expensive, consider that it will last longer, fail less often, and actually get BETTER as the tread wears!<br> Nothing, nothing, beats the S-03. Once you buy a set, you'll put 'em on every car you own.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tire...

Ronen, <br> you put 255/40ZR17 tire on the back wheel, is that the correct measurement? I'm thinking bout doing the same. I've the 245/40ZR17 now.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank You All

Original are 245 but when I replace my rims due to one been bent, I got chrome one's and the guy recommended 255 and I took them. I like them except for the NOISE, smile.<br>
<br>
Look like I’m going for the 'S-03 Pole' they the one that came the most recommend.<br>
<br>
<br>
Thanks to all

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Need recommendation for new tires???..

first of all I would like to say that the P7000 is a very noisey tire and you are experiencing what every P7000 owner experiences. Here are the tires you should consider<br> <br> P-Zero Rosso<br> Dunlop Sport 9000<br> Michelin Pilot Sport<br> Bridgestone S-03 Pole Postition

1 - 7 of 7 Posts