Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1990 MERC 420SEL WDBCA35E3LA520027

Becker Grand Prix
Model BE-1480
Serial Number X9532547

1480KFOX9532547

Will be working on the car this weekand and wiil need to remove the battery so will no doubt need to reprogram the radio. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really Helpful

WOW Nice welcome to the forum. Ask a simple question with the purpose of saving some time and hassle and I get a go to your dealer response.

I thought the main reason for these forums was so that Benz owners like me wouldn't have to "go to the dealer" for every little thing.

If go to the dealer is the standard answer then this forum has no value.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,837 Posts
cdahl1927

We can understand your frustration; however, because every thief with a stolen radio will have a convincing sounding story, it is unwise to provide the codes on this or any other web site, or to send them to a requester offline. A dealer can verify ownership (whether by sales contract, registration documents, or your simply being registered as the owner of that VIN in his computer). We can't do that. It's that simple, no matter how annoying it is to you.

While most of the folks who ask for radio codes here are likely legitimate owners, we have no way to verify that on the forum - and over time, if the site or its individual contributors (whether by PM or by open posting) were known as an easy source of codes, you'd see many more MB head units stolen - and a far larger percentage of the requesters not being legitimate owners.

So, we suggest to folks that they contact their dealer with proof of ownership - a response that just a tiny bit of thought on your part would have let you recognize is the proper answer to a radio code request.

You may also be able to get the code through http://www.beckerautosound.com/Code_request/Code Request Form.htm

Regarding your idea as to the reason for the forum's existence and your comment as to its value, a request for radio codes is one of the few questions to which "see your dealer" is nearly an automatic answer. For most other questions, it is used only when considerable time and effort has been spent trying to help someone solve a problem and it just can't be done over the forum; or if the requester's post shows he is about to get into a DIY project for which he is very obviously not prepared, and most likely to screw up his car for good. A minimal amount of reading on the forum would have shown you that.

So, welcome to the forum. And because you are new to it, keep in mind that a little use of the search tool would have resulted in the same response to about 200 other requests for radio codes. We just get a little tired of repeating it so often.

And petulance, especially toward a contributor who has spent considerable time helping others as lkchris has, will get you nowhere.

·
Registered
7 Posts
sorry dude, this site is not for help just show off. I asked same help just got advise if I am not accused as a thief. They think benz radio is so hot everbody wanna stole it. result I have to buy a new radio, sad but as I said they don't want help. theif has program they can broke the code, they don't need some smuck site advise. I found other site (people own benz but not rich)they will help you. Wished to know before,instead of listening these people and buying a new head unit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Try this guy he is a laget program writer for MB and other luxiry vehicles' radio and ecu program. you don't have to buy the program if you have just one car he will help you here is address [email protected]
good luck

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,837 Posts
sorry dude, this site is not for help just show off. I asked same help just got advise if I am not accused as a thief.
You obviously have no capability for discernment. No one here has been accused of being a thief; the possibility of thieves circumventing an anti-theft device has been pointed out; as has the effect of allowing it to happen through the site. Further, if you ever read anything other than your denied request, you would know the site is for much more than show.

Try pulling your head out and looking beyond your own self-centered concerns.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You obviously have no capability for discernment. No one here has been accused of being a thief; the possibility of thieves circumventing an anti-theft device has been pointed out; as has the effect of allowing it to happen through the site. Further, if you ever read anything other than your denied request, you would know the site is for much more than show.

Try pulling your head out and looking beyond your own self-centered concerns.
I know trurth hurts. if I am wrong why/what are you defending. I or other ask a simple request I NEED A CODE (because we need it not we stole some old radio) and you mr big speech telling how the thief story, not even read the request; simply telling go the dealer with proof of purches!!!. Do you think we are so dumb? do you think we did not check all posibble options? not everbody rich as you. I can not effort drive over hundered miles and pay 90 dollars an hour for simple code. even dealer not interesed to find a code for old model just tell us to bring the car, we can fix it for you. just like your usless advice. My advise to you, go buy yoursef a dignity; it might help your self centered ego! ohh don't forget to bring your proof of purches:thumbsup:
sincerly

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,837 Posts
We have very patiently given you the same explanation given to many others for not providing the radio codes over the forum or even offline.

I also gave you a link so that you could get it without all the major difficulties you have detailed.

You don't like the answer. Tough rocks. Again, pull your head out. You react as a spoiled brat. That's the truth of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Radio Code preservation

Can I...
1. get the code out, with the key and some magic button presses?
or
2. Keep 12 volts on the cabling with a battery charger while swapping out the battery and not lose radio, windows, locks or other coding? It doesn't seem like rocket science.. but maybe I'm underestimating.

I got all kinds of paperwork, original manuals, window sticker, but no code paper. It's probably hidden in a REALLY safe place where the original owner can't even find it.

Thx.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Radio Code

Well Thats great use for a forum, I also need a code and now know and understand that the code has to be obtained in a way that does restrict the ability of theft, I always knew this but thought there was a vin number way of getting the code. I think maybe to over react over something so logical there may be other issues to be addressed before worrying about a code. Anyway I appreciate the direction assistance skylaw. (to think someone could be so agrevated to drop so many letters, if thats the cause)

·
Registered
96 Posts
new battery, got radio code form dealer over the phone

Dealer had me in their database. It helps because I ask for advice and have questions from time to time, and get free answers. Customer service is good. They seem to genuinely want to help. So you might want to get on their database. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear All

I have small problem I lost radio code number can anyone help me please

VIN# WDB 140032 1A 247176

Please note my car is S320 1994

Thank you

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,837 Posts
Mon,

Welcome to the forum.

It pays to read what was posted in a string related to your question, before you post. Your question was answered several times just in this string alone. Use of the search tool would reveal that it has been answered on this forum more than 20 other times.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear Skylaw
thank you for your respond but the answered was for another guys I want this action for me

regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Me too! I did get the code from a very nice MB dealership; but now my radio is stuck on "wait". I too am 100 miles from the nearest MB Dealer. Can anyone help with what to do next?

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,837 Posts
Thank you for the pdf file detailing the code entry procedures, Peter. The Radio Codes sticky in this forum and the annotation in the W220 S-Class Encyclopedia have been updated to reference it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
17 Replies
11 Participants
Skylaw
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing