Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 E320 Blutec, 2004 Dodge 2500 HD Cummins diesel
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 E-320 and want to use the "Command" system for a cell phone. I can add a bluetooth adapter or a phone cradle, or a combination of the two. A phone cradle provides full use of the car antenna but it has to be plugged in to work. The bluetooth unit works only on selected phones. Either way the cost of an adapter is about $400 and a new Motorola Razr will cost $100. Do I have other (and better) options?

·
Registered
2006 E500W4
168 Posts
IMHO, you don't have other options. With the phone cradle, you will need to buy a Razr with a specific software from MBwireless, for $300. However, the phone will interface either through bluetooth or through the cradle. The cradle gives better reception. Having access to the phone book through Command is a convenient feature too. However, I often hear complaints that I cannot be heard well, with the MB's microphone.

Overall, I don't regret the purchase.

·
Registered
2006 E500W4
168 Posts
IMHO, you don't have other options. With the phone cradle, you will need to buy a Razr with a specific software from MBwireless, for $300. However, the phone will interface either through bluetooth or through the cradle. The cradle gives better reception. Having access to the phone book through Command is a convenient feature too. However, I often hear complaints that I cannot be heard well, with the MB's microphone.

Overall, I don't regret the purchase.

·
Registered
2006 E320 CDI
239 Posts
You don't say in your message, but I presume that you have the integrated phone option already installed in your car? This is a port installed option (for something like $1,600) that is the guts of the phone system. Then you add either the cradle for a specific handset, or the bluetooth adapter. I think those are your only options. I use a Motorola E815 with its cradle versus the bluetooth adapter because I want the phone to charge while plugged into the car. It is a great system, though expensive. I coudn't live without it while driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts